PDA

View Full Version : where to get front bushings

superaccord
06-11-2002, 11:03 AM
i dont know where i can get new sway bar bushings. or does a bushings kit from another car fit on mine? does the kit come with sway bar bushings? if i buy a new sway bar from sus tec will it come with the bushings? help!

shepherd79
06-11-2002, 11:37 AM
ok here is the number for the sway bar bushings. i know it says Shift Bushing but it is bushings for sway bar, i think NOPI did typo.
www.nopi.com part number 474+3909
if you still skeptic about it just call them and ask Customer Service 1-800-277-NOPI Ext 260, 262
i am not sure why you would want to buy a new sway bar from SUSPENSION TECHNIQUE. LXI model comes with a nice think sway bar. i think it is a waist of money.
well this is all i have.

CARBurn
06-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Buy the bushings online if you can. The suspension techniques bar is only 1/16" bigger than your LX-i bar, You might want to save your money and just stick with bar you have and get some polyurethane bushings.

LX-i bar size: 7/8" or 14/16" or 22 mm

S/T bar: 15/16"

superaccord
06-11-2002, 12:52 PM
on this forum there is a thread that says that the front sway bar bushings off of a 88-91 civic fit the lxi. but what size is the bar. the bushings for the civic come in 18 19 and 16mm. which ones do i get?

CARBurn
06-11-2002, 06:51 PM
I thinking they may have meant the end link bushings cuz the size of the mount bushings for your lx-i is 22 mm. With the endlinks the size between the two bars wouldn't matter.

superaccord
06-11-2002, 10:21 PM
say that again???:confused:

89accordlxi
06-12-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
ok here is the number for the sway bar bushings. i know it says Shift Bushing but it is bushings for sway bar, i think NOPI did typo.
www.nopi.com part number 474+3909
if you still skeptic about it just call them and ask Customer Service 1-800-277-NOPI Ext 260, 262
i am not sure why you would want to buy a new sway bar from SUSPENSION TECHNIQUE. LXI model comes with a nice think sway bar. i think it is a waist of money.
well this is all i have.

Did you actually order those and get the right part? I just got my order today and it WAS the shift bushing. So disappointed. :crying: I guess its not a typo. They just are showing the wrong pic. So now I have to send it back. What a waste of time!!!!
Now it makes me wonder if they do make that part or not and what part number it would be.

I'm out.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 08:50 AM
I told ya so, nobody want's to listen. And this is the second time this same topic has been created outside of where it belongs:rant: LETS KEEP SUSPENSION TOPICS IN THE SUSPENSION SECTION PLEASE.

superaccord
06-12-2002, 09:50 AM
sorry about putting this in the wrong section, but while its hear i have to get bushing today or have them ordered, so since i have an lxi, and i need front sway bar bushings what do i get? i am ordering them from an import shop, so what should i tell him to order?

shepherd79
06-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Hmmm,
interesting.
i am looking for shift bushings.
than why would they putt it under suspension. :werd:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
Hmmm,
interesting.
i am looking for shift bushings.
than why would they putt it under suspension. :werd:

This is a suspension topic and you know it, illregardless of what the product is truely ment for originally, we are discussing the need for sway bar bushings. Clearly a suspension topic. If I had the power to more this, it would have been moved before even the first reply. :huh:

superaccord
06-13-2002, 02:15 AM
jim, chill he was talking about why nopi would put shift bushings in the suspension section of their website. dont get all bent out of shape, if I had the power to go back in time a repost this thread in suspension i would.:bandit:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Ya know your right. I am wrong. He thinking out loud questioning why nopi listed those parts under suspension. I apologize, sincerly here and now. I will also be sending him a pm.

I thought he was making a case for the topic to not be in the suspension section. OPPS!

superaccord
06-13-2002, 08:52 AM
its all good bro, its allll good!!