PDA

View Full Version : Uhh... Roast distributor anyone?

ahbeyra
07-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Has anyone installing an Accel super stock coil with larger spark plug wires ran into the problem of their distributor smelling like its on fire? just curious...

-Kelley

A20A1
07-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Are you sure it's not a loose wire on the inside of the ditributor... is your distributor a TEC?

There could be oil leaking into the distributor.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Ahh crap that reminds me I need to seal up my distributor cap! Thanks Mike. When we checked and replaced my cap and rotor at the Ontario Meet there was a little oil in the cap. And none of the caps come with gaskets. So I will make one with my gasket maker silicon.

ahbeyra
07-19-2003, 05:03 AM
Ok, it seems as if there may have been oil in there... is a good sealing up going to cure that or am i going to have to do any replacing of parts? also, when i went to get a new distributor cap and rotor, it turned out that there are two possibilities for what i could have on my car, one was something similar to the TEC you mentioned and the other seemed like it said haitatchi(didnt get a close look at the screen the guy was looking at), it is a 1989 dx 4 door sedan... any ideas?

Mac
07-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Hitachi caps are round. Tec caps have 1 flat side (like a capitol D). Look at yours. Check the base see if it's round or D shaped.

ahbeyra
07-19-2003, 02:30 PM
sweet, thanks.

1988starter
07-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Ahh crap that reminds me I need to seal up my distributor cap! Thanks Mike. When we checked and replaced my cap and rotor at the Ontario Meet there was a little oil in the cap. And none of the caps come with gaskets. So I will make one with my gasket maker silicon.

Yea i forgot about that as well I make a new gasket with red silicone gasket maker from pepboys.