PDA

View Full Version : After Market Bumper Cover...

NeubJ
07-18-2003, 07:57 PM
I just bought a Front Bumper cover for my 3G

I took off the OEM with little probem..
Then when I went to put on the Aftermarket one it was a freakin #@%$#....
The aftermarket one is smaller I had to really pull on the top and bottom (so much so that I had to get help ) to line it up with the holes for the bolts. ...and the sides are a short they dont line up ..(its like they put it in the dryer and it shrunk..LOL)

I guess thats what I get for not buying OEM

Has anyone had this same problem with their aftermarket bumper covers?

Hash_man_Se_i
07-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Ya man, I could have told you right away to stay away from the aftermarket crap. After my sister was rear ended in the accord, the shop fixing it got an aftermarket bumper for the back, and refused to put it on the car because it was such poor quality and fitment. We just got a reconditioned OEM bumper that is just like new.

guaynabo89
07-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Those aftermarket bumper covers never lign up properly. Your best bet is to get a used bumpercover in good condition.

SteveDX89
07-19-2003, 06:49 AM
You're lucky you got the right one. When my car was at the body shop over the winter, they sent the wrong one twice so I told the body shop to f*ck it and re-condtion a used one. Turns out they got the right bumper the next day. Oh well, probably wouldn't have fit anyway.

NeubJ
07-19-2003, 06:59 AM
So I will just have to wait till I get some extra cash and go down to my local honda dealer and order a OEM one. I should know by now you get what you pay for. (90 percent of the time)

SteveDX89
07-19-2003, 07:11 AM
See if you can find a good used one at a junkyard, a new OEM bumper is up to 170 bucks. I'm pretty sure the junkyard will charge no more than 50.

wprocomp
07-19-2003, 05:35 PM
yep...they suck really bad...tried to adjust mine once,3hours later it still wouldnt fit right:mad:

zero.counter
07-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Guys, Dremel is your friend...

NeubJ
07-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
yep...they suck really bad...tried to adjust mine once,3hours later it still wouldnt fit right:mad:

So did you keep yours or buy OEM ones?
What company made the aftermarket one you got?

wprocomp
07-20-2003, 01:39 PM
certifit I belive...and my old one was trashed from the wreck...mine has already faded and I just got it in october.