PDA

View Full Version : A/C Vent (a.k.a hair dryer)

factorVIII
07-19-2003, 01:32 AM
my air vent when placed from recirculate to fresh blows out warm air even though the temp outside is like 58-60 it seems like sum of the warm air comes from the engine alright but is there a way to fix this ? could there be a hole in the firewall that causes the heat from the engine to enter the car's interior?

A20A1
07-19-2003, 02:00 AM
yes heat from the motor will leak in... there are a few holes to the side of the firewall drain that let air in, but If you plug those water will build up and will leak into the car.

Also the heater core might still be bleeding opff heat into the air ducts.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-19-2003, 02:02 AM
the center air vents? do you maybe have the temp lever on hot by accident? I know it can happen :) But does the warm air stop and blow cool air eventually?

A20A1
07-19-2003, 02:12 AM
yeah the levers behind the dash are cable operated and may be stuck slightly, which would keep the vent open some, or the valve to the heater open.

factorVIII
07-19-2003, 02:31 AM
sumtimes but very rarely it would eventually cool down a bit but yeah usually it feels like it's the engine's heat. whew!

factorVIII
07-19-2003, 02:33 AM
i forgot 2 add this but ive already checked the cables that controls the vent, temp and they seemed to be ok so i guess that's already dealt with

Mac
07-19-2003, 12:27 PM
When you slide the temp control to cool, it closes a water valve to the heater core. If the water valve doesn't fully close (which alot don't) you will get some warm air from the engine thru vents.

If you look under the hood by the hose that leads to the heater core you will see the valve. You can slide the temp cont to cool then try to close the valve further by hand.

factorVIII
07-19-2003, 07:08 PM
so do i close this valve everytime? or once is enuff?! thanks!

zero.counter
07-19-2003, 07:33 PM
On the center vents, there is an option up and down one is pointing to a blue line and the other is just black. Point it to the blue line and it will bypass the heater core and blow fresh (depending on fresh or rec) air from the vents right under the windshield.

factorVIII
07-20-2003, 01:32 AM
i dont think thats available in the DX models. at least not in my car... :(

Mac
07-20-2003, 05:56 PM
If it is your water valve that's not fully closing all the way, then you just manually close it. If you slide the temp cont to warm you will have to manually close the water valve again. Or just close it and remove the cable and leave it alone. You will have to reconnect the cable when it gets cold so you will have heat.