PDA

View Full Version : Mods List For The Winter.

Osiris
07-19-2003, 03:01 PM
I talked to a friend of mine who is like one of the top ASE mechanics in the country. (At least top scoring and been doing it for years and years.) And he said he would help me with some of the work I wanna do to my car this winter. He said to have an idea of what i wanna do and he will either yay or nay it. So I compiled a list of mods i wanna do to take to him. Let me know what yall think and more important, plz feel free to add to the list. Im thinking more along the lines of naturally aspirated engine (no turbos right now) and relatively sane mods. TIA.

~~MOD SECTION~~

-ENGINE-
*weber 32/36 carb
*cam upgrade
*MSD ignition

-TRANSMISSION-
*84-87 Si manual tranny (fi)
*sport Clutch

-EXHAUST-
*DC headers
*2 1/2 cat back exhaust

-SUSPENSION-
*17" wheels and tires
*adjustable coilover suspension
*custom strut brace (front and rear)

~~MAYBE SECTION~~

*Nitro 40-50 shot

Osiris
07-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Also feel free to comment on actual brands, specs, models etc.. that are recommended for my list of stuff that is there and stuff ppl reply too also. Again TIA 3geez members.

NOTE: I love this site.:bow:

pimp86LX
07-19-2003, 03:09 PM
What kind of lift and duration are you thinking for your cam?

also, do you think your mod's will warrent 2.5" exauhst piping? Personally i would go with no more than 2.25" unless your talkin serious flow issues.

Osiris
07-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
What kind of lift and duration are you thinking for your cam?

also, do you think your mod's will warrent 2.5" exauhst piping? Personally i would go with no more than 2.25" unless your talkin serious flow issues.

Thats why im asking for recommendations. I dont know much about modding. I know basic engine work and im a computer junkie by profession. The two dont mix really. :lol But anyways. I need some good input and why it should be that way so i can tell my mechanic friend.

Cams... lift... duration... :wtf: is all that. Like i said i need hows, specs, and more importantly for what reason.

A20A1
07-19-2003, 03:43 PM
high flow cat... and it depends on the cam regrind you get... but 2.25" and 2.5" are okay sizes.

2.25" with the 32/36 with a grind one below the race grind.

or

2.5" with the 38 with a race grind.

Osiris
07-19-2003, 03:49 PM
What if i get the exhaust first? Will those size be satisfactory without the modded cam installed?

A20A1
07-19-2003, 03:59 PM

wprocomp
07-19-2003, 05:03 PM
hey osiris if you ever need any help or advice on anything I can help you out man...and I have freinds that can do machine work too:D

Osiris
07-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Thx wprocomp. But theres now way i will be able to bring an engine or engine parts down there with my car running the way it does. My mechanic actually said he may be able to get that done for free.

We need to hook up someday tho. That would be cool.