PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Reference 6002i

MIK3
07-20-2003, 07:44 PM
These speakers are pretty bad ass. I think that I will be putting them in before school starts. Here are some specs:

Power Handling, RMS: 60 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 180 Watts
Sensitivity: 92dB
Frequency Response (±3dB): 53Hz - 21kHz
Mounting Depth: 2-1/4"
Impedance: 4 Ohms

The high and low end notes flow quite evenly and I was shocked that the bass evened out with the treb. There is almost no distortion what so ever even when cranked up almost all the way. I have to admit, these speakers really kick ass.

87DXHatch
07-20-2003, 09:59 PM
ok

MIK3
07-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Alright man. No need to be an ass about it. Just excited to be putting these in and give my fellow 3gee members an update on my audio. That's all.

A Dawg Jr
07-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Go with the Kappa's man. More bang and power

MIK3
07-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah. I was thinking about them. But the kappas needed a good amp to perform well. And my amp power is soley going to be supplied off my deck. And the References ran awesome off the deck alone. So yeah, that's why I chose them. Must admit, infinity kicks ass.

87DXHatch
07-21-2003, 04:35 PM
I was just replying to your first statement in a logical manner... :tongue:

Infinity makes good quality stuff... however, they are a bit overpriced. Back in the day, when I didn't know much about car audio, my dream was to have a full Infinity Perfect sound system... today, I've already got a better system than Infinity could hope to keep up with, but it's costed me a lot more than the equivalent Infinity set-up would have.

I'll bet yours sound great, but look into getting an amp for them... it'll make them sound MUCH better, ESPECIALLY when you start cranking that volume knob higher and higher...

A Dawg Jr
07-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Well, the infinity highs are much better than the subs. You can get greater sound from a number of different company's. I personally like the kappa's I guess 'cause I'm running 'em off an amp. I haven't really heard them off the deck power. But you really can't lose with infinity highs. and ya, check into getting an amp, even if it's a cheap one that's 50 by 4, much better sound quality and power. But your system will sound great either way, good luck

87DXHatch
07-21-2003, 10:38 PM
I don't know, the Infinity Perfect subs are pretty damn good subs... outstanding SQ, with a healthy amount of SPL. Potent woofers. The perfect speaker line is pretty good too... I just don't know if I'd say better than the woofers.

MIK3
07-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Yeah. Maybe I will end up getting a small amp. Nothing too big. I'm only planning on keeping the car for a year or two more. Than moving on to more powerful vehicle. But yeah, sound to me is definatley an esential. I will look into an amp, any recommendations to go along w/ an Xplod 50 x 4 watt deck and Infinity 6-1/2"s?

87DXHatch
07-22-2003, 01:10 PM
[email protected]

Email him and request a catalog. Buy a USX 4060, or something similar... US acoustics 4 channel amp. His amps are SUPER cheap... I've bought two from him and he's yet to disappoint me.

MIK3
07-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Awesome. I will definately check him out. Thx for the reference.