PDA

View Full Version : wire harness? carrotman help me out!!!

wannaswapab20
07-20-2003, 09:51 PM
is a cabin wire harness and dash wire harness the same thing?? ive looked all over this forum for help. i have a auto lxi and a carbed 86 lude that is 5spd, if i get a ecu form 5spd a lude si that is fi that should take car of the problem with the auto ecu not thinking its in neutral or somethign like that. right? and the reverse lights wires. and will the cabin wire harness form the lxi work in my lude or do i need a harness form a fi lude? i kno i will need the harness form a fi lude if the cabin harness is also the dash harness. and the cabin harness runs all the way up to my headlights also and all the signals right? im thinking i can make the lxi harness work for that stuff. im really scared about all this wireing guys lol help me out

Justin86
07-22-2003, 09:56 AM
The cabin and dash are seperate. I'm not to sure if you can swap the accord stuff into a lude. With the maunal/auto ECU problem it dosen't really make a differnece. You just need to cross the wires that go to the park and neutral switch. When they are crossed they will complete the circuit the car will start. The reverse lights you have to wire seperatly.
So basically you need to get another lude that has EFI and swap that into you carb lude.