PDA

View Full Version : Valve And Rockers

HondaBoy
07-20-2003, 10:51 PM
i was asking this guy about doing a tune up on my valves. he asked if they were clicking, and yes they do just a bit. im guessing my rockers are clicking cuz 2 were loose last i checked. anyway, he said i would need to replace them? i hope not, thats not right is it? they are adjustable from what i know. last time they were clicking, my uncle tightened them. i dont think this guy knows shit, so i dont want to pay him $60 per hour to work on my car. i think this guy is full of shit! he hasnt even looked at my car so he dont know.

dXsquared
07-20-2003, 10:53 PM
find a different mechanic... you can do it yourself if you want... HOW TO

Travis

BITESIZE
07-20-2003, 10:54 PM
How many miles are on your car?

HondaBoy
07-20-2003, 11:00 PM
91400 miles. and i do have a honda repair an maintanence manual. so if i can find it in there, i might as well save the money, right? but i realy dont feel confident working on my engine. my mom knows this guy who is bad ass with engine repair. hes got the shitty ass isuzu trucks at her work running near perfect. they used to run like crap. i think i should get him to work on my car. and he is ASE certified! still going to school for it too.

BITESIZE
07-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Dude, your rockers are well above needing to be replaced. You just need the valves adjusted if anything. I wouldn't waste the money, with that little of miles. I hit 258,000 today and the valves/rockers are in mint.

1988starter
07-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Here how to ajust your valves personally i like to do this after the car has been sitting overnight