PDA

View Full Version : I Love My Car!!!

jlaccord89lxi
07-21-2003, 05:48 AM
Well i was worried about so much stuff on saturday before i went on my trip, but i got there and back with not a single problem. For those of you who may be familiar with the maritime provinces, i went from Halifax, NS to Moncton, NB, which isn't really a long trip in itself, but i wasn't sure how my car would take it as i have never taken it on a long trip. I wanted to replace my timing belt and water pump before i went but i didn't get a chance to so i decided to risk it and everything worked out fine. And HOLY GAS MILEAGE!!! I usually get 280 miles from a full tank when i drive my usually routes. But i was doing all highway driving except for the occasional rest stop, and i got to 290miles on the odometer and was still just under the half way mark on the gas gauge. I could have easily got 350-375 miles out of that tank but all the cars i was travelling with filled up before we left for home and i filled up as well rather than stop for gas again soimewhere else. I'm glad i did because the group leader paid for all of our gas, so i got a free tank :) . Now this weeks mission is to get the timing belt and water pump replaced before something actually does go wrong. Just thought i'd share. I love my 3g!!!:):super: :D

Osiris
07-21-2003, 06:01 AM
Thats coo man. Wish i could get 375 miles, but when running only on 3 cylinders its kinda hard :lol .

ALTERED4
07-21-2003, 02:20 PM
probably the most important reason i drove my 3g as long as i did... the car usually got me 29 miles per gallon, while my new accord cant break 24...

NXRacer
07-21-2003, 02:26 PM
I drove from salem oregon to BC canada one summer and i got 430 miles on 1 tank. And i had 4 people in the car too.......i was pretty suprised.

86AccordLxi
07-21-2003, 02:38 PM
I drove from Corvallis, Oregon to Everett, WA and back and on the way back i was about 15-20 miles away from the Oregon border when I filled up. 460 miles and I only filled 13.3 gallons with one passenger, 5 rims, and 6 tires (only on the way back) :D

Alex