PDA

View Full Version : i'm very angry!!!!

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-22-2003, 04:42 AM
ok, as you know there are a few things in the maintenance area that i need to do to my car. i've gotten prices on parts at autozone(won't go there) and the dealership(better prices). i wrote my dad an email to see if i could bring my car over this past weekend to get some help working on it. before that i would have to get the parts i need at the dealership. well my mother decides to throw her $.02 in, and says she doesn't want me under the car. WTF!!!! I know how to prop a car on ramps, drive it on, pull e-brake and put blocks behind rear wheels. DUH!! she wants me to talk to the mechanic who checked the car out before i got it, and get his advice. she was talking about how he has years of experience with imports, all he works on, and that he has to make a living. she actually tried to give me a guilt trip, WTF!! i tell her i know all that, but I want to work on my car, I want to have knowledge of how my car works. I got an email from my dad, didn't open, and it'll most likely say "what happend? i thought you were supposed to come over this weekend?" i'm so angry right now. it will cost ME less to do the work myself, rather than take it too a mechanic. my mom didn't even like the idea of ME buying the parts and having HIM install them. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

jlaccord89lxi
07-22-2003, 05:28 AM
ummmmm, do what i usually do.......ignore your mom!!! its going to save you money, so do it yourself man, its not rocket science to put a car on ramps.....geeshh!

HostileJava
07-22-2003, 06:35 AM
Get used to it, mom's don't like reliqueshing control even when your on your own.

NeubJ
07-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Then have your mom pay the mechanic to fix your car.

TJ89Accord
07-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by NeubJ

:werd: :stick: :stupid:

Osiris
07-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Do like i do. Do what you want and when she asks why you did that say i didnt hear you.

~Ignorance is bliss~

cdscowboy
07-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Osiris
~Ignorance is bliss~

Yes, yes it is :D I'd either have her pay for it since she won't let you do it yourself, or just tell her to deal with it and do it yourself. That's the only way you're going to learn!!

blazin3gen
07-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by NeubJ

hahaha i was about to say that :D

MIK3
07-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Just curious man. How old are you? I would just do it yourself or like previously stated, make her pay for it. I doubt she knows much about mechanics to be telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing with your car.

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-23-2003, 04:12 AM
i'm 20.

NeubJ:Then have your mom pay the mechanic to fix your car.

she said we can put it on her card, but i've said no every time. i don't want her spending the money. there's not much here.

Osiris: Do like i do. Do what you want and when she asks why you did that say i didnt hear you.

~Ignorance is bliss~

oh she knows i've heard her, she just doesn't wanna hear me.

i'm gonna get the stuff and do it this week, oh crap i'm busy this weekend, dammit!!

thegreatdane
07-24-2003, 04:22 AM
What's up with your mom?? Does she tell you what to wear too?... :stick:

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-24-2003, 04:32 AM
no she doesn't. my mother is a bit opinionated though, and she has decided to throw in her $.50 on this one.

POS carb
07-24-2003, 11:14 AM
i'd be like "Mom if you wanna pay the mechanic be my guest"

cdscowboy
07-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 89AcCOrDmike
i'd be like mom, listen *slap* two things are gonna happen, i'm gonna do my shit, and your gonna like it......

haha jp i love my mommma i would never do that

HOLY SHIT!!! :lol:lol:lol That was really funny for some reason!!! hahahah

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-25-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by 89AcCOrDmike
i'd be like mom, listen *slap* two things are gonna happen, i'm gonna do my shit, and your gonna like it......

haha jp i love my mommma i would never do that

oh i love my momma too, but sometimes you gotta get your point across and i don't know how to do that with her.

goldyaccord
07-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Just be firm and say your doing wether she likes it or not. your 20!!!! she obviously cant control you like that.

babboyyawdie
07-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Jlaccord89lxi is that spoiler really on your car?!?!:eek:

moose
07-29-2003, 01:27 PM
it's very easy. go to a friends house, do the work there. tell your mom later it turned out you didn't need to fix whatever it was you fixed. she'll never be the wiser