PDA

View Full Version : wow!

NXRacer
07-22-2003, 10:37 AM
I dont know if its because i havent driven my accord in over a year or what. Last night i took out my friends 87 LXi for a test drive to show him how to speed shift. MAN was it fast! I was really suprised! It has good pull through the first 4 gears (thats as far as i could get before i had to slow down). It easily got up to almost 100 in 4th. There isnt anything done to it but man o man did it feel fast. It sure was good to drive a 3G after putting around in my 78 'flying turd' toyota wagon!! Makes me want my car back even more! grrrrr

I'm gonna help him build a CAI and try to convince him to get exhaust. He doesnt wanna spend a couple hundred bucks to get exhaust right now, but i may be able to convince him....

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 10:06 AM
wow, no smartass comments from the peanut gallery? I'm surpised.

86AccordLxi
07-24-2003, 10:10 AM
Nope, no one cares :D :flipa:

Alex

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 10:16 AM
heh heh just the reply i was expecting. lol

86AccordLxi
07-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Glad to have met your expectations.

Alex

cdscowboy
07-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Us Oregon guys just don't give a flyin rats ass...:lol Get your 3g fixed, and get your friend to mod his shit out. :)

jigga225
07-24-2003, 12:01 PM
yah that yota wagon must have you sick.

100 in 4th, the damn thing must have been screamin. 96mph tops

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
I dont know if its because i havent driven my accord in over a year or what. Last night i took out my friends 87 LXi for a test drive to show him how to speed shift. MAN was it fast! I was really suprised! It has good pull through the first 4 gears (thats as far as i could get before i had to slow down). It easily got up to almost 100 in 4th. There isnt anything done to it but man o man did it feel fast. It sure was good to drive a 3G after putting around in my 78 'flying turd' toyota wagon!! Makes me want my car back even more! grrrrr

I'm gonna help him build a CAI and try to convince him to get exhaust. He doesnt wanna spend a couple hundred bucks to get exhaust right now, but i may be able to convince him....

aww Why not!! What is wrong with your car anyways? I remember reading something about some front clip damage, but I don't recall anything about your engine.

86AccordLxi
07-24-2003, 12:41 PM
His engine done blowed up --oil pump, I think.

Alex

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 12:52 PM
yap. blew the oil pump and prolly spun a bearing. It was knocking real bad before it completely died too.

jigga - notice i said ALMOST 100.......

bobafett
07-24-2003, 02:50 PM
hmm, stock lxi == not fast in any book. :D

my car STILL feels like a slug after IHE. my friends stock eclipse non turbo is faster....that has a 420a NEON engine!!!! lol

your car must have reallllllly been slow if a stock lxi blew your mind! hehee

sorry but this is the reply you were expecting, so there you go!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
hmm, stock lxi == not fast in any book. :D

my car STILL feels like a slug after IHE. my friends stock eclipse non turbo is faster....that has a 420a NEON engine!!!! lol

your car must have reallllllly been slow if a stock lxi blew your mind! hehee

sorry but this is the reply you were expecting, so there you go!

Swap Time Sir!

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
Swap Time Sir!

oh believe me, i'm working on it. I've got a connection to a guy who's worked at a honda dealership for 20 years that supposedly knows quite a few secrets on how to build our motors. Me and a friend are gonna have a top secret project and see what we can come up with. I mentioned something in another thread about boring .50 over (is that possible?) and using Chev I6 forged pistons............

bobafett
07-24-2003, 03:36 PM
jeez... i wouldnt mind a swap, i am planning on a turbo a20a3! if that really sucks, i can always do a b18 or b16 swap, and the only parts i will have to buy that are different are a b series turbo manifold, a new downpipe... and prolly little knick knacks!

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 03:40 PM
a turbo would deffinately be tyte as phuck, but right now it seems pretty complicated. more so then most turbo installs.......who knows though. I wanna see how much hp i can get from a n/a a20a3. maybe using a little happy gas tho......if i sell the shit, i might as well use it, huh? :lol