PDA

View Full Version : new radio has no detachable face

POS carb
07-22-2003, 11:50 AM
damn I can't remove just the face on my radio (http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=CD&MD=CDX-M850MP) so I guess I have to invent some sort of cage or motorization where the radio can hide or be secured in place, anybody know of any websites where peeps have made something like that?

NXRacer
07-22-2003, 11:58 AM
what kind of stereo is it? I know eclipse makes em without detachable faces and they warranty against theft. Supposedly detachable faces ruins the performance or some crap like that......

I dont know of anything like you're talking about. It would be cool though!

shepherd79
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
man, that looks nice.
why would you want the face to be removable? do you have a lot of crime in the area?

POS carb
07-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
what kind of stereo is it? I know eclipse makes em without detachable faces and they warranty against theft. Supposedly detachable faces ruins the performance or some crap like that......

I dont know of anything like you're talking about. It would be cool though!

click on the word radio to see it

NXRacer
07-22-2003, 01:57 PM
lol i just caught that. Isnt that one of those radios that goes all black when its off? I thought that was a feature used to deter criminals.....of course these days it almost doesnt matter if it has a face or not. i know guys who take stereos and can order new faces for them........your best bet is to get an alarm and have theft insurance and hope for the best.

TJ89Accord
07-22-2003, 02:20 PM
I can't help ya, but i never take the face off any of my stereos and never had a problem, but i don't know how bad it is where you live so.?.?

tim

PogiLXI
07-22-2003, 07:25 PM
hears a Tip, Dont go Quading when ur going to park to see a movie, Or going to the mall. Dont Quad If you plan on staying Away from ur Car for a while. When your Leaving, BLAST THAT SHIT.

Osiris
07-22-2003, 07:30 PM
I wouldnt mess around with making any custom theft deterrence system. Its just a risk you take when you get better things. But FYI, i seen in an audio mag where they took the face of a stock radio and placed it on there aftermarket one to make it look stock. Then when they wanna play it they just remove it. Just an idea.

neoblue89lxi
07-22-2003, 07:35 PM
just hid it with some black cloth that hooks up with small velcrow strip.

A Dawg Jr
07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Ya dude, they'll never get passed velcrow

J/M

neoblue89lxi
07-22-2003, 09:24 PM
if you do it right they can't see it and won't know its there.
should have gotten a detachable face head unit.

87DXHatch
07-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by PogiLXI
hears a Tip, Dont go Quading when ur going to park to see a movie, Or going to the mall. Dont Quad If you plan on staying Away from ur Car for a while. When your Leaving, BLAST THAT SHIT.

Two questions:
1) what the hell is Quading?
2) why do you randomly capatalize words :D

TJ89Accord
07-22-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
Two questions:
1) what the hell is Quading?
2) why do you randomly capatalize words :D

:werd: :stupid:

PogiLXI
07-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Sorry, Quading Means blasting the Bass. And I dont know why I Randomly Cap Words, Just won of my Typing habbits. Though I dont do it when I am Writing a paper, Very Weird.

And why do you care??;) :crying:

TJ89Accord
07-22-2003, 10:35 PM
I just wanted to know what quading was lol. Never heard it called that before. But yah, don't blast the stereo before you park it if you don't wanna draw attention to yourself and stereo.

tim

87DXHatch
07-22-2003, 10:51 PM
I care because I saw you doing that in other posts, and I just wondered if you only posted when you were high or what... nothing personal ;)

PS: you must type pretty damn fast... using "won" instead of "one" is kind of a product of just flying through something you type.

PogiLXI
07-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Yah, I do Type Fast, I dont Really Care to go back and Check it, Im Lazy, HAHAHAHAHA. Its WEIRD! I dont WRITE like I Type, Its Funky. Nah Dont Smoke, Straight Edge here.:super:

87DXHatch
07-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Holy hell, I just realized I'm an LXi user... I'm throwing a party in my pants and everyone's invited.

A Dawg Jr
07-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Think I'll pass

cdscowboy
07-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Definitely passing...

But the velcro idea is a...clever...idea. Not to helpful once they get in your car, but they might not be able to see what you got.

POS carb
07-24-2003, 03:16 PM
i'll pass by quadding

PogiLXI
07-24-2003, 04:10 PM
hell yah, Quad that shit!

87DXHatch
07-24-2003, 08:10 PM
You know, you could always just anchor the back with some bolts and metal that then bolts into the chassis of the car...

I know one guy who went as far as to jack up the front end of his car, drill holes in the firewall underneath, insert bolts that you can only access when the car is jacked up, and bolt his CD player down with bolts and thick cable, so it can only be removed with the car jacked wayyy up in the front.

89AcCOrDmike
07-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by PogiLXI
Sorry, Quading Means blasting the Bass. And I dont know why I Randomly Cap Words, Just won of my Typing habbits. Though I dont do it when I am Writing a paper, Very Weird.

And why do you care??;) :crying: :super:

BRO I DO the same thing when i type fast , I 'll just Randomly capotolize words, its really weird, execept WHen I'm typin a paper or something, Thats some Trippy shit man...

PogiLXI
07-24-2003, 09:28 PM
87Dxhatch, Dang! Thats Crazy. Thats a TAD bit over kill, but I would do it If I had and Expensive ass indash LCD Cd/dvd/mp3 player that cost in the thousends. I also Plan on putting in a high DB siren inside the car to just HURT/annoy the theves that may be trying to Jack my CD player.

hondamanlxi
07-30-2003, 04:54 PM
of course, then they're the assholes that bust it if they cant have it!

PogiLXI
07-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Thats Very Tru, But I think that IF they cant pull it far enough to Actualy REALY brake it.if they can pull it out a little, they can really mess it up, but Its like Trying to pick up a dime with out using your fingernails, Its a pain.

my86dx4dr
09-24-2003, 01:46 AM
reading these threads makes me feel like im reading a south park script........like when you guys talk about quading.....i read that in cartmens voice!......lol