PDA

View Full Version : Do you need an E-brake for automatic?

neoblue89lxi
07-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I wondering if you need the emergency brake cable for an automatic when converting rear drums to disc? If it helps I have an 89 lxi.:huh:

BITESIZE
07-22-2003, 04:24 PM
You don't need it, they're just nice to have if you lose pressure in your brake fluid lines and need to stop-you have an extra line (brake cable). I would keep it too, it's fun in the winter.

neoblue89lxi
07-22-2003, 04:26 PM
fortunatly we don't have snow down here in Florida, but thanks for the answer.

BITESIZE
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Whoooooopssss, I'm bad.

Osiris
07-22-2003, 04:53 PM
emergeny brakes are just for what they say emergencies. It would suck if you lost your brakes and you had no other way to stop.

neoblue89lxi
07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
just turn the key off or put it in nuetral and throw a cinder block out the door with it connected to your bumper and besides if your brakes do fail it is probably your fault. It was your destiny to die that day too.

cubert
07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by neoblue89lxi
fortunatly we don't have snow down here in Florida, but thanks for the answer.

:huh: snow is great for bitchin the 3g sideways....front wheel drive drifting..wooo..heh:D

but like everyone else said..yea..e-brake=good to have in emergency

89accordLXiAllAudio
07-23-2003, 02:37 PM
wow last night it rained and i was like, hmmm i always wanted to try to get sideways with the hand brake. so i took a right turn on this wide ass empty road. i guess i held the hand brake for too long, cause the tail just kept goingand i ended up completely stopped in the other lane facing away from where i was trying to go. i still cant decide whether that was fun or scary.

krott5333
07-23-2003, 07:27 PM
it was fun, trust me, kinda like rollercoasters.. when you're a kid, theyre scary, but then you realize they dont hurt you at all (except the very few that get hurt of killed on coasters), so you're like "sweeeet!"

zero.counter
07-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Their originally intended purpose was to be used in the case that the other brakes failed. Also, when parking downhill/uphill so as the car will not slide either way because of the rear traction. Oh and when you are working under the car, its nice to have if the front is propped up.

bboipinoy112
07-23-2003, 07:59 PM
emergancy brakes can be also used for when you jack up your front end .. so your car dont go rolling off of the jacks ..

wow last night it rained and i was like, hmmm i always wanted to try to get sideways with the hand brake. so i took a right turn on this wide ass empty road. i guess i held the hand brake for too long, cause the tail just kept goingand i ended up completely stopped in the other lane facing away from where i was trying to go. i still cant decide whether that was fun or scary.
uhmm when you pull up the E-brake while going thru a turn .. step on you gas a little .. it will keep your tail from whiping out .. depending on how fast you whiped your tail or approached the turn lol ..

zero.counter
07-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by bboipinoy112
emergancy brakes can be also used for when you jack up your front end .. so your car dont go rolling off of the jacks ..

I kinda already said that, read my post.

bboipinoy112
07-23-2003, 08:37 PM
oh .. hah . sorry .. sheesh calm down .. didnt mean to ' BITE ' .. and i dint kno u said it