View Full Version : Painted Interior

BoredRec
06-11-2002, 06:41 PM
Hopefully this works.

http://photos.yahoo.com/boredrec

BoredRec

NOAHS88accord
06-11-2002, 06:51 PM
looks good! what type of paint did you use and how long did it take? you gonna have your seats reupholstered in leather ?

‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^›
06-11-2002, 06:58 PM
dUDE! where did u get those kewl speaker covers????

BoredRec
06-11-2002, 06:59 PM
I just bought paint at Home Depot, nothing really fancy about it...it's not the greatest job, but people like if from a far distance.

The seats will eventually get done, but probably not in leather...living in las vegas makes leather seats extremely hot.

BoredRec

BoredRec
06-11-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^›
dUDE! where did u get those kewl speaker covers????

you mean the rears? I just took the fabric off, that's all.

BoredRec

‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^›
06-11-2002, 07:25 PM
Dude!! di u have leather interior on the doors?

BoredRec
06-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^›
Dude!! di u have leather interior on the doors?

White vinyl

BoredRec

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 11:25 PM
i love this blue color !! :) :super:

MIKE

TeKKnoTeKK
06-12-2002, 06:54 AM
looks very good bro....way to go! Let me know how it holds up, I started painting my interior but it's not lasting :rant:

DrMunky
06-12-2002, 12:15 PM
.... it's not lasting :rant: [/B]

Don't scratch it ;)

SteveDX89
06-12-2002, 12:20 PM
The execution is great although I personally would have used a different color.

myaccord7
06-12-2002, 06:53 PM
i think i've seen that same interior,,..... oh yeah in my car. same colors. i shouldnt of put pic. of my car on here, but it still looks good. what kind of seats are you going to get or are you rodoing those?

zach

hood scooped 89 Honda accord lx 4 door ,17” MOMO extremes, magnaflow muffler,
cHromE fender guards, indiglo gauges, pin strip flames, tan/gold body, white/blue custom
inside, blue under and in car neon’s and stroBe lights, windshield washer lights and still
adding

BoredRec
06-13-2002, 06:47 AM
Probably just get them reupholstered for now...I'm not that rich for Recaro seats.

BoredRec

DrMunky
06-13-2002, 08:28 AM
No need to be greedy about your interior... it's not like yours was the first one ever done that way.

myaccord7
06-13-2002, 08:07 PM
yeah i think i was, but its cool.

zach
cHromE fender guards, indiglo gauges, pin strip flames, tan/gold body, white/blue custom
inside, blue under and in car neon’s and stroBe lights, windshield washer lights and still
adding

DrMunky
06-13-2002, 09:26 PM
I doubt it. Most everyone here refinishes the interior in the same fashion simply because the design of the interior implies "main color on the panels, accent color on the speaker grills", etc. The car is 12-16 years old. I'm sure the import guys in the late 80's figured it out before we did.

Either way, it's not like you have creative rights to the "design" :)

myaccord7
06-13-2002, 10:08 PM
i never said i did. i havent seen any other pic. like mine, besides this one, i am sure someone else has done those colors also it just come as a shock having almost no differnces. dont be so anul. you guys a lucky i have a 89 accord or i wouldnt be on this site, everyone take everything so damn personal. i said i liked it, didnt I?

zach

adding

88LXiHB
06-14-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by myaccord7
you guys a lucky i have a 89 accord or i wouldnt be on this site

zach

http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/nono.gif YOU are the lucky one....

DrMunky
06-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Who was being anal? Wasn't me. I was just stating the obvious. I thought it was incorrect of you to say "hey look he copied me" since EVERYBODY does it that way. That's all. Can't handle it, not my problem.

It's not personal. I hope you know that.

‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^›
06-14-2002, 09:15 AM
3 ON THIS THREAD & ONE ON ENGINE SWAPS!!
ON WHICH POST DID YOU SHOW PICS ON?

BoredRec
06-14-2002, 01:46 PM
Thats it, if I hear one more peep outta the both of you I'll yank those pics so no one can say they copied, or didn't copy, or this shit's old so eventually someone will copy, blah, blah, blah. Now shake hands and be happy.

DrMunky
06-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BoredRec
Now shake hands and be happy.

No thanks. It's not as big of a deal as he seems to make it. He was trying to state his interior design was copied, and I was telling him he's full of shit. That's like some hot rodder saying "hey, those suicide doors with the ghoast flames were MY idea!!"... whatever... If he wants to bitch about it, it's his problem. I just don't want some guy going around the board saying "hey that was MY idea!!!".

myaccord7
06-14-2002, 09:15 PM
did i studder, i said i liked it and that was cool, i said it wasnt a big deal, its not even your car, fucking get over it!.

zach

My 89 Accord Lxi
06-16-2002, 08:31 PM
nice i wanna do the same thing except its gonna be red and black hey nice gauges

Maydnaella
06-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by myaccord7
i think i've seen that same interior,,..... oh yeah in my car. same colors. i shouldnt of put pic. of my car on here, but it still looks good. what kind of seats are you going to get or are you rodoing those?

zach

Actually, I was having my interior done in those exact colors too long before I ever saw your pictures (have I even seen your pics?) anyway, then I kinda swayed towards other ideas. Point being, it's really hard to be original especially when someone else is thinking outside the box and wants to try to be original too. Often you'll end up with the same idea. Also, you should take it as a compliment if he did take off on your idea. It means he liked the interior. No need to get huffy.

P.s. I saw that same interior syle in a civic a long time ago in Import mag or something. just furthering my point, blue not being a rare color or anything. ahem. ok, i'm done. :) peace.

Oh yeah and the interior is looking great.

BoredRec
06-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Well, I'd like to say thanks for all the comments. Didn't know this would start a debate on orginality. I never saw any pics of this before...thought of it on my own. Blue just happens to be my fave color, and I like white. Actually, now that I think about it, I have seen a blue and white interior before, but it wasn't this extreme. I think it was actually stock like this..it was some Mazda 626 I think...some sporty version. But I like my interior, and I'm sure myaccord7 likes his, so as long as everyone is happy over their accomplishments we shouldn't worry (or bring up for that matter) about the idea of people copying people. Besides imitation is the best form of flattery.

89BlackH-Back
07-28-2002, 11:20 AM
that looks pretty nice, mine looks exactly the same except everything u have blue is black in mine, but i painted the outside of the speaker covers and left the mesh middle tan