PDA

View Full Version : EFI performance?

CoAsTeR
06-11-2002, 07:18 PM
From what I gather, a carb'd accord's biggest performance bang for the buck would be getting a weber....

But for an EFI, what would be considered the biggest performance increase per dollar spent? NOS is not really the answer I'm lookin' for. Can you 'chip' the EFI? Do some kind of miracle tweak to pump up da' power... or is it just you have to do 042986209652 things just to squeeze out an extra 10-20 HP?

I got the cash ready to go for a weber, but I have a complete good condition EFI parts vehicle at my disposal but I just can't justify the maj0r work it would take to do the EFI conversion. From what I understand a weber will put me up to the power/speed that an EFI conversion could offer but at a fraction of the labour. Correct me if I am wrong in any of this, thanks for the help!!

EDIT: HEH... what are the odds eh? I used to sell used cars for a buddy of mine who did salvaged vehicles and I WAS JUST sitting in a 94 & 95 prelude with from what I understand both have the H22a in em'................ ............. how hard is it to slap er' in? I'd have pretty much the whole car except the rear end which was chopped off in an accident.... so if I weld MY tranny to the h22, buy a clutch conversion & engine mounts.......... anything else I should be aware of? I mean... if I'm going to go through with an EFI swap.... might as well do it right?? Just curious.....
maybe suspension since its a little heavier? If I can find someone to weld the tranny, I could just use my axles and stuff right? BTW, mines carb'd... that a negative thing to the swap?

Afrosheen
06-11-2002, 08:03 PM
AFAIK, the carbed engine with a weber only gets close to the 120hp the EFI produces by default. After that your gains will come from cams, underdrive pulleys, playing with the timing (adjustable timing gears courtesy of openloop), intake header and exhaust. There IS a chip upgrade available from Jet among other things.

EFI will do your car alot of good but the weber upgrade is cheaper/easier.

GreenMachine
06-11-2002, 09:23 PM
If you can get an H22A ......... DO IT
It will be a bit of work but if ya got a spare car then it would be no rush. I'm not sure of all the details in swapping to a h22 but if your going to convert to efi, it would all be apart anyways
Then youd have some power :eek:

smufguy
06-13-2002, 08:09 PM
a CAI makes a hugeeee difference when it comes to perfomance and carb just does not have it. forced induction has alwas been the source to turn to for additional performance. Chagne it to efi. that is what i am doing and green is doing too. Its the best bet u will find a lot of cheaper and reasonable prices on aftermarket parts for a efi than a carb.