PDA

View Full Version : Reasoning

ahbeyra
07-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Is there a particular reason that turbochargers are always directly at the header? i dont know why i suddenly wondered this, but i figured there had to be a reason for it.

NXRacer
07-23-2003, 11:39 AM
WOW now THATs a noob question i haven heard before.

turbos use the exhaust to turn a turbine which in turn drives another turbine that sucks air and pushes it into the intake manifold.

Thats the simplest answer.

ahbeyra
07-23-2003, 12:05 PM
wow, thats the most assuming assholish response ive ever gotten. I meant... Could it be mounted elsewhere as in farther down the exhaust pipe. i was curious about it, meaning i obviously had an initial knowledge about how it worked, and was curious as to why it is always mounted to the header... convinence? what? i would appreciate it if you would read what i type before blowing things out your ass, it might save time for me and for you because now you are going to have to go and give some dumbass response to this about how i cant spell or how bad my grammar is... or maybe even how fat my momma is?!

86AccordLxi
07-23-2003, 12:49 PM
I think it can be mounted farther down the pipe but from what i understand that leads to more lag and less power. Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong.

Alex

79EK1
07-23-2003, 12:53 PM
It's mounted close the the exhaust ports so the exhaust gases don't have time to cool and slow down. It makes the process more efficient.

NXRacer
07-31-2003, 09:10 AM
ahbeyra if you had worded your question indicating you knew basically how they worked and why it couldnt be mounted further down, i would have responed more like 79EK1. (who gave a good explanation).

dXsquared
07-31-2003, 09:15 AM
i got your back NX... that was a bad way to ask the question...

he answered your question perfectly

Travis

infecto
08-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Lets mount it right before the muffler!!!

95AccordEXR
08-03-2003, 09:16 AM
they are close to the exhaust outlets cause that's the cheapest/easiest place to put them. small manifold to make... most room in the engine bay for it

the lag mostly comes from the time it takes for the compressed air to go thru the intercooler and actually make it into the engine.

on all the big $ import drag cars, you see the turbos far away from the exhaust outlet but right next to the intercooler, thus the charged air has less distance to travel