PDA

View Full Version : auto weber woes

hondamanlxi
07-23-2003, 03:35 PM
IM GETTING A WEBER:mad:
im tired of messing with my carb!
the question is... what about the auto tranny? Doesnt the tv cable have to move with the throttle linkage?

shepherd79
07-23-2003, 03:47 PM
where is your TV cable connected to? throttle linkage or the gas pedal?

hondamanlxi
07-23-2003, 04:40 PM
to the carb throttle linkage! i thought thats why webers are for manuals!

shepherd79
07-23-2003, 05:13 PM
you may want to ask A20A1 (mike), he has auto with weber.

hondamanlxi
07-23-2003, 05:45 PM
i thought he had his ghetto rigged so he has to hand adjust it

hondamanlxi
07-23-2003, 06:14 PM
oh shit, i search and found that i have the 2 cable setup:( how do i convert to the firewall setup?:barf: this make me sick

A20A1
07-23-2003, 09:30 PM
well if you want to you can convert and that would get rid of a lot of hastle down the road... see the problem is on the side that the idle mix screw is on, it can't support a cable bracket... well it can't naturally support a cable bracket. so that's issue #1

Issue # 2 is the TV cable isn't long enough... so you may need to get a longer cable from the junkyard... from either the trunk perhaps or another accelerator cable since the cable ends are very simmilar to what you need to run the TV lever.

Issue #3... the linkage on the throttle shaft needs to pull the TV cable as soon as throttle is applied to the accelerator pedal. The ratio is fairly important... the closer you get the ratio between the two cables, the more natural the shifting will be.

Yes I do pull my cable by hand since the ratio of the two cables were off enough to make driving the car not as enjoyable. Pulling the TV by hand is okay, it's like having a manual trans... maybe better... you just need to get used to it... diving slow and pulling the lever to find out how much pull = what Shift RPM.

hondamanlxi
07-24-2003, 07:44 AM
its it the 86-87 that have the firewall-style tv cable? where does it go?

A20A1
07-24-2003, 02:08 PM
firewall one leads to the pedal assembly... I think you need the entire pedal assembly or maybe a small bracket from the accelerator pedal to use the firewall style TV. oh and the TV calbe itself... never cut the cable.

Most likely it's the older accord with the TV to the firewall... but it may just be random.

tightwhitelx
07-24-2003, 08:08 PM
so is it possible to have a weber with a auto and being able to just hop in the car and drive without having to do anything else