PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME take out cdplayer and put in new~

bobafett
06-11-2002, 08:02 PM
i cant get this god damn thing out... what do i need to do????

please what do i need to remove to take this fucker out... i have wasted all day and got nowhere...

damackz
06-11-2002, 09:36 PM
use a Flat screw driver and pry it away from tha metal part holding on it. use it on tha top and tha sides :pimp: and then pull it out, should be pretty eazy

bobafett
06-11-2002, 10:27 PM
alrighty. i will give it a shot...

maybe in the morning though... i already wasted my day trying to tear that thing out... :)

my new cd player sure looks great though! thats for sure!

shepherd79
06-12-2002, 05:33 AM
you should be able to push it with your fingers from the back.
the other thing is, when you installed your cd player, did it come with special keys to remove it.
sometimes to remove aftermarket HU you will need keys, your cd player should come with some.
what is the brand name of the old CD player?

bobafett
06-12-2002, 07:23 AM
its a pioneer cd player from 11 years ago, so if there WERE keys, i dont have them anymore!

my new one has keys to remove it...

and i have tried pushing it thru (really hard :) ) to no avail....

oh well, i am gonna take it down to a shop today, because i kind of realized i woudnt be able to figure out all the wiring myself:

right now my 2 10" subs AND all four car speakers are powered off my old school 25x4w amp, and i dont think anything is running thru the 30w+30w of my head unit...
well with the new cd player, it will give out 50x4w(25rms) so i want to run my speakers off the head unit, and my subs off the amp by themselves....

and i would have NO clue how to go about that... hehehe

shepherd79
06-12-2002, 12:43 PM
man, you will loose some quality with out amp, but i will give you a lot more power to the sub.
i would recoment find some cheap mono amp and wire subs to run on it.
this way you will run regular speakers through the 4 channel amp, and subs from mono amp.
that is what i have on mine it is great.

bobafett
06-12-2002, 11:44 PM
well youre right, the speakers dont his AS hard, but the subs do, so it still sounds good. it is possible to run the speakers off the cdplayer amp AND the amp i already have, and run the subs off a new "mono" amp?

shepherd79
06-13-2002, 04:42 AM
yeah it is very easy.
just use factory speaker wiring or you can run your own if you like. connect to the HU. that is it.
connect amp through RCA cables bridge the amp, deside what is the max load this amp can take (2ohm or 4 ohm), you can wire two subs anyway you want to.
here is the link for easy to understand. http://www.jbl.com/car/SubwooferWiring/sub_wiring_diagram.asp
you can use this on any subs.

pimping89lxi
06-14-2002, 01:23 PM
:bandit:

damn you have one of them old school fucken pioneer decks, that sucks. Well if it was one of them good pioneer models, then you might have to find a key to take it out. Before you try that, make sure that the rear of the deck is not screwed into anything, i mean that there is not a bracket holding the deck in place that is connected to you car. If there is nothing holding the deck in place but the harness, then you have two options. One is to look for the keys somewhere, who knows, your uncle Bob in the boonedocks might have it. Two is to take it to a Stereo shop and have them do it for you. Or the last one would be to take out the dash covers and remove it from the outside. might sound a lil complicated, but its really not!
Let me know if you need some help!