PDA

View Full Version : 3g's and 4g's

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Ok, i know my last post was totally pointless, but i think this one will actually work this time.........

The cool thing about having a g/f with a 4g and is always modding it is that i can compare parts she buys for her car to mine.....

She just bought a set of Z3/M3 mirrors for her car. They are the ones with the blinker in the mirror too. The other night, i compared the mount that came with them to the one on my car and its SOOO close. The plastic mount could be modified slightly and it would fit on a 3G. The problem is one corner is a little too long.

My idea was to get my buddy who has a machine shop and does a lot of work with plastic to make me a replacement plastic bracket so it wouldnt look ghetto. I'm sure this could also be done with a router if somebody is competent with one. Just use a 1/4 - 1/2" thick piece of plastic and cut it out to fit. You can get em in either power or manual although i'm not sure how the manual adjustments would work. Maybe they're the same for both gens??

Just something i found that i thought was cool and i thought i'd pass it along.

Osiris
07-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Any pics of either the modded ones or originals?

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 10:55 AM
I have yet to do it, but i'll try to take pictures of the original ones compared to the ones for the 4g to give people a better idea. I was really suprised at how close the two were. the M3/Z3 mirrors would look pretty nice IMO.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20644&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

go there and at about the middle of the page you'll see pictures of the mirrors she got.

Neuspeed007
07-25-2003, 12:13 AM
lets take advantage of this post and seriously figure out what the diffrence is in these cars its only a year to a few years older. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT CAN BE added to the 3rd gen off the 4th gen. im talkin lists people! what kits especially. But the engine bay cant be that much bigger, so what about turbos?

NXRacer
07-25-2003, 07:10 AM
Turbos are universal. Its the manifold and everything else that become the problem.....almost all body kits can be fitten on our cars, its just how much time to you want to put into modding them and how do they look on our cars.

88 Accord DX
07-25-2003, 08:18 AM
sure the engine bays are about the same size, its where the mounts are located. if i remember right, to get an H22 in a 4th gen you just pretty much bolt it right in. to get an H22 in a 3rd gen you have to completely cut out the whole engine mount assembly and lower it about 3 in. that just one minor problem you face.

NXRacer
07-25-2003, 08:38 AM
H22's will bolt right in. Right now i'm just concentrating on exterior mods and stuff. I know most (if any) motor parts won't work.

3rd gen 89 se-i
08-05-2003, 01:22 PM
the h22 will fit with some mods and buying custom mounts and moving the mounts to a different location to hold up the h