PDA

View Full Version : help guys i'm thoughroughly fuct

mugenprelude86
07-24-2003, 11:58 AM
well yeah i know i don;t have a 3g accord but i do have a 2g prelude which is the same motor. the other day my idle started to go up and was idleing at around 1500, then it would do the up down up down thing, i'd turn the idle adjust screw in on the TB and it'd be good for a day again. go back up blahblah you know it kept happening and i had to end up turning it in until it was all the way in. now the car is gutless as hell because there is no ait getting to it. now get this, i have replaced every vacuum line in the engine bay, i have replaced the MAP sensor, and the one beside it in the black box, i have replaced fuel filter, IAC valve on the back of the intake manifold, the 2 heat sensors in the thermostat housing. i have even tried a different ThrottleBody. please tell me what could be wrong, and i'm not pushing any ecu codes either

mugenprelude86
07-24-2003, 01:15 PM
and i've done these all AFTER the problem started

cruznz
07-25-2003, 01:07 AM
pcv???

Elijah
07-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Egr valve

mugenprelude86
07-25-2003, 01:41 PM
egr?? is that off the exaust manifold because our cars in canada never came with that as far as i know.. and PCV i have the valve sitting here beside me but i am not sure how to get the old one out

BootMachine
07-29-2003, 01:30 PM
I have a Gen-2 prelude and it did the same thing...it does it from time to time and the only code I got was 7 (throttle angle) and 1 (oxy sensor)..and those are fixed now..

Help this guy out and please explain more about the black box....there is a MAP sensor in there? How does it work?

How does the PCV valve function? Is the PCV the pipe that comes off the valve cover into the intake piping or is it the small one on the bottom of the intake manifold in one of the intake pipes???

NEED ANSWERS! MUST LEARN!!!

mugenprelude86
07-30-2003, 10:51 AM
boot machine i got it fixed. ti was a combination of pcv valve/leaking intake manifold gasket. the pcv valve is a little metal pipe loing thing sitting down in the intake manfold behind the injectors and there is a hose going to it. hard to explain but i'll get a pic... anyways my problem is fixed, now i just need to get a new tranny and i'll be set

BootMachine
07-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Beautiful!

I think I know what you are talking about.

I have a used SI tranni you can rebuild if you want and a used 1.8L carbed lude tranni!

cruznz
08-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BootMachine

.there is a MAP sensor in there? How does it work?

How does the PCV valve function? Is the PCV the pipe that comes off the valve cover into the intake piping or is it the small one on the bottom of the intake manifold in one of the intake pipes???

NEED ANSWERS! MUST LEARN!!!

Map sensor monitors vacuum, and changes in the intake manifold and provide an indication of engine load, and speed fluctuations

ECU will use these signals to adjust injector pulse width,(on/off time), which will change A/F mixture and also adjust spark advance

PCV valve is commonly used to control air flow through the crankcase ventilation system
The valve changes air flow at various engine conditions,(idle,cruise,wide open throttle),..@ idle,valve is pulled towards the intake manifold by high vacuum,restricting the air flow ,preventing a lean A/F mixture......when cruising, lower vacuum allows spring to open valve allowing more air to flow thru system.....wide open throttle or engine off,...low or no vacuum,spring closes valve

BootMachine
08-06-2003, 10:47 AM
tnkx......I'm gonna go and play with my engine for a bit now!

Tnkx again for that info!

If you could go into any more detail that would be great!

89accordvtec?
10-27-2010, 10:47 PM
this thread is super old but i cant find my answer anywhere on here. bootmachine, how do i fix the "throttle angle" code?