PDA

View Full Version : wanting to shave my car..need help!!

sxy86accord1
07-24-2003, 12:06 PM
I currently have an 86 accord and i am wanting to shave alot of stuff on my car, but i think the price is kinda steep. Can someone tell me if it is or isnt? I am wanting to shave: antenna, front corner lights, door handles, trunk(where the liscense plate sits), side moldings, washer nozzles, and my honda emblems. They are also gonna paint my car black and mold my bodykit. The place wants to charge $2,500 to do all of it. Can anyone tell me if this price is reasonable or not.

Thanks

sxy86accord1
07-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I currently have an 86 accord and i am wanting to shave alot of stuff on my car, but i think the price is kinda steep. Can someone tell me if it is or isnt? I am wanting to shave: antenna, front corner lights, door handles, trunk(where the liscense plate sits), side moldings, washer nozzles, and my honda emblems. They are also gonna paint my car black and mold my bodykit. The place wants to charge $2,500 to do all of it. Can anyone tell me if this price is reasonable or not.

Thanks

89AccordLvr
07-24-2003, 12:15 PM
i think thas very reasonable it takes lots of time and effort in doing a very good job maybe you should see if he's done it to other cars and see if they got good workmanship

sxy86accord1
07-24-2003, 12:20 PM
the guys that are doing it have done 3 supras with veilside bodykits and they all look pretty sweet. What do you think i should do about my tail lights? leave them or try and build me some?

NXRacer
07-24-2003, 01:00 PM
If you think its kinda steep look around some more. If they've done veilside kits, the it sounds to me like they know what they're doing. IMO the white/red taillights look good and they're not hard to make yourself (from what i've read anyway).

Why do you wanna shave your corner markers?

AZmike
07-24-2003, 01:04 PM
It depends a lot on the quality of the paint job. Some places will charge $2500 just for paint. How much are they charging you for the body work alone?

87accordlxi
07-24-2003, 01:13 PM
yeah, $2500 out the door isn't a bad price for everything they're doing - if it's quality work

SteveDX89
07-24-2003, 01:14 PM
I've gotten a quote for $3500 just for a paint job already so I think that's a pretty good price. Shop around until you find something that suits your budget. Good luck and take pics when you're done.

sxy86accord1
07-24-2003, 05:28 PM
See..i am not sure if that is steep or not. These guys are doing it as a favor and i am not sure if they are even charging me labor. So I am guessing all of it is awsome stuff then. NXRacer..Could you tell me where i could find derections on the tail light thing? I am taking my corner lights out because my bodykit already has slits in the side of it for a yellow light( following DOT rules) and so I wont need them anymore.

NXRacer
07-25-2003, 07:15 AM
search on the forums for tail lights. I think there is also a thread in the HOW TO section

sxy86accord1
07-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Alright..thx

I will have pics as soon as i am done

sxy86accord1
07-25-2003, 09:23 AM
NXRacer: I was thinking..instead of shaving out my corners, do you think i should make me some clears with a gunmetal backing inside? or maybe black to match my paintjob?