PDA

View Full Version : Koni Specials Are They The Red Ones?

NOAHS88accord
06-11-2002, 09:36 PM
I know this sounds stupid but are the koni specials the red ones? cause i saw them for 106 and then there are the yellow ones for 235 so whats the difference and are the red ones the ones everybody has ?

FO SHO
Noah

goldyaccord
06-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Noah,

THe Koni Specials (red) are the ones that we have. The Sports(yellow) are not made for our application.

The price sounds about right.

:)

Josh

89accordlxi
06-12-2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
I know this sounds stupid but are the koni specials the red ones? cause i saw them for 106 and then there are the yellow ones for 235 so whats the difference and are the red ones the ones everybody has ?

FO SHO
Noah

Where are you getting them from, Those prices sound pretty good. Are those prices for a set or each or pair??

Peace out!!

RobT5580
06-12-2002, 12:51 PM
I got mine from TireRack because Shox.com was giving me a higher price than quoted to others. I paid somewhere around $106 i think. The main difference is that the yellows are externally adjustable which is great because the reds if im correct have to come out to be adjusted. The rod has to be fully depressed to turn the valve to adjust them.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Ok guys I hope that we are clear on the fact that you cannot get Koni Sports (yellow) for our cars. And I can tell you that they have never ever made them in the past for our cars. And that fact comes directly from mouth of one of Koni's best techs, Gordon.
And you cannot use Koni Sports ment for the 4th gen accord and that comes not only from discussions with koni, but with the folks at Bilstein as well. You also can't get Tokico Illumina's or Kyb AGX struts.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord

FO SHO
Noah

Where did you see koni yellows listed for our cars? I have allready corrected modacar.com which falsely listed them, I wonder who doing it now:rolleyes:

Paul Aerodeck86
06-12-2002, 02:35 PM
I have KONI Specials... It's red, not yellow.
Suspension BOSCH tech test show this effectivity by 85%, but on road - it's very good with good tires - your car will be have excellent steering

http://www.pauldesign.ru/photos/koni.jpg

P.S. Sorry for bad english. :-(

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Paul,....I WANT THAT STICKER!!!

NOAHS88accord
06-12-2002, 04:59 PM
thanks everyone i plan on dropping my car 1.5" not any lower because of alaska weather. i am gonna go with the koni specials i dont remember where i saw koni sports for our cars i just typed in koni in yahoo and it came up with all kinds of sites for them. who on here has the 1.5" H&R (is that correct?) springs i was gonna get those if they are of good quality ?

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 09:31 PM
I have the H&R's with koni speacials. Very nice combo. Their are stiffer 1.5" drop springs then the H&R's but unless you push your car to the limits all the time, you won't need stiffer, the H&R's are excellent.

Paul Aerodeck86
06-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Koni Special include 3 this stickers!
But! I send mail to KONI about logo in vector graphics to make custmo stickers. They answer me, what they can't do it, because KONI is registered trade mark etc. but they can send me full stickers kit with new exclusive Honda F-1 Team KONI sticker!! And after 2 months - i found letter from KONI! Now on my car - exlusive sticker! :super:

http://www.pauldesign.ru/photos/koni2.jpg