PDA

View Full Version : Window Stop??

StUpiD8000
07-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I just put a new set of speakers in the doors but I cant put my window down all the way. Just about 3-4" not much...Anyways What is it that makes the window stop when it dose? I was just going to make or rig someting so I dont fucup my speakers...

MattsAccord
07-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Do the speakers stick out to much inside the door? I would check that first. Sometimes the speaker is to deep.

StUpiD8000
07-24-2003, 09:55 PM
yes the speakers are too deep.... Thats why I need a way to make the window stop at a set point not all the way down.........

MattsAccord
07-24-2003, 10:09 PM
I didn't read that very well sorry. Well my window is a messed up and somewhere in the gearing teeth are missing so I don't know if you could just do something like that. Sorry the the very little help.

bigdogg213
07-24-2003, 10:54 PM
HOW FAR DOES YOUR WINDOW GO DOWN

MrBen
07-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Take off your door panel and then take off that plastic crap under it. On the upper right (or left if its the driver's side) there should be two bolts which line up horizontally. You can move these up and down and it adjusts the window. I would try that first

POS carb
07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
the auto window is regulated by a black box in the upper part of the driver's side door by the mirror

StUpiD8000
07-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
Take off your door panel and then take off that plastic crap under it. On the upper right (or left if its the driver's side) there should be two bolts which line up horizontally. You can move these up and down and it adjusts the window. I would try that first That will adjusts where the window is going up and down wont it?? I am going to try that and see what it dose.....

MrBen
07-28-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. On my car, I had to adjust it because the window was very hard to roll up and down because it was pushing against one side. You can mess around with it and see what it does. It also makes it stop where it does... like mine would stop all the way down, but now it sticks up a little. I still need to adjust it so it doesnt do that, but I'm too lazy.

87DXHatch
07-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Here's what you should do:

Get ahold of some 3/4" plywood of some sort, try to keep it quality. (You do NOT want MDF). Cut a 6.5" ring out that will fit over the mounting spot in your stock speaker basket. Screw it to your speaker basket and attach your speaker to this, it will allow your window to go fully up and down.

StUpiD8000
07-31-2003, 10:02 AM
I cant..The stock grill wont fit with the speaker up on the wondow even...(5"deep) so Im glassing something.....Should be done by tomorro....Hummm I do need to know how to get all that stuff out of the back deck......?