PDA

View Full Version : S&S 4-1 Headers

Techno
07-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Check this company out...they also manufacture headers for our cars...http://www.dalhems.com/engine/ssheader1.html

Techno

NeubJ
07-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Cool--but they are about 70 dollars more than DC-
Who's willing to take a chance and buy them to see what kind of quality they are?

dXsquared
07-24-2003, 06:53 PM
those arent new you crazy newb's

they have been around for a while.. im not shur why no one has them... i hink its cuz they want 4-2-1 not 4-1

Travis

Techno
07-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
those arent new you crazy newb's

they have been around for a while.. im not shur why no one has them... i hink its cuz they want 4-2-1 not 4-1

Travis

Don't bite the f'kn newb's head off :rant:
They are not listed on this site...:wtf:

Techno

dXsquared
07-24-2003, 07:12 PM
hey hey hey.. i want being harsh.. i called you crazy... not dumb... i could have said DO A FUCKIN SEARCH FIRST YOU STUPID ASS NEWBIES!!! but i didnt

so there.. im not gonna respond if you dont...

Travis

Techno
07-24-2003, 08:00 PM
DX,

I always see kids here on the site asking questions. I post things if I think that I can help. Gets the info out there. I read posts all day and I also search the internet a lot. Last week I went through something like 1600 hits on a search engine looking for parts from some small ass company that cannot advertise like all the big names. I am by no means a kid anymore and I have been around cars ever since I was. That was almost 15 years ago. Lets just say I know my way around cars. Shit I do all my own repairs no matter what car I own. The only reason I came to this website is because this is the first Honda I ever owned and I want to know what is out there. Hondas are quite a bit different from Ford, Dodge, Pontiac, Chevy...Had 'em all

Just calling someone a New'b cause you know something that you think they should....

Techno

dXsquared
07-24-2003, 08:32 PM
what the hell? you post this then PM me with the exact same thing??

i didnt want this to turn into anotehr TRAVIS VS. NEWBS battle thread, but you flipped it... i was just pointing out that its not this NEW AND EXCITING HEADER, its just a smaller company that charges too much for there shit for most 3geezers to buy...

i said i wasnt gonna respond anymore, but you went and brought it on

Travis

1988starter
07-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
what the hell? you post this then PM me with the exact same thing??

i didnt want this to turn into anotehr TRAVIS VS. NEWBS battle thread, but you flipped it... i was just pointing out that its not this NEW AND EXCITING HEADER, its just a smaller company that charges too much for there shit for most 3geezers to buy...

i said i wasnt gonna respond anymore, but you went and brought it on

Travis

So why didn't you take the highroad and not respond.

MrBen
07-24-2003, 08:42 PM
Travis stop trying to be the next Nate.

Kevin
07-24-2003, 08:54 PM
well, its all good!! Eveyone just chill and if you have the $$ get a Dc header and you feel so much better!! :)

Jims 86LXI HB
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94&highlight=ss%2A%2A+headers

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14668&highlight=ss%2A%2A+header

Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
The DC Sports and pacesetters are both 4-2-1, neither offers a
4-1 application for our cars. Only S&S headers makes a 4-1. But given the rev range and tuning our cars operate in, 4-1 headers would not be a step forward, even the S2000 come's stock with a 4-2-1. Only reason you can justify going 4-1 is if you plan on mod's that would benefit from a 4-1 header, port & polish, wild cam, strengthened valve train for higher revs, you get the idea. Even then I bring you back to the S2000. BTW, the 86-87 LXI's have a 4-1 header from the factory, adding either aftermarket 4-2-1 will noticably up the power, all the way to redline.

Now back to your question, which one is better. Your question involves allot of discussion which has been done many time before. Running a search on pacesetter header and DC* sports header and reading those discussion's will let you have the understanding you seek.

If you can afford the Dc Sports, buy it, if not get the pacesetter. You'll have to decide of the many things said about the pacesetter headers should bother you or not. It did bother me so I got the DC Sports header, but you need to decide for yourself, run the search and read the posts. Tell you right now, unless you buy both brands of headers and dyno both on your car, you will not know which one makes more power.

Pleeeeease let the above be my attempt to turn this thread around and let someone actually be helped in a positive manner.:super:

Techno
08-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Check this out. SS Headers (https://ssl5.mysecureserver.com/bosstoolscom/store/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory= 43)

I e-mailed the company and this is what was said.

Hi Techno
Its still a good number and we have some in production with a completion
date in August. Current price is $306.20 plus shipping.
Thanks
Betty

>SS Headers,
>
>Is this part still a valid part # 5305 87-87 Prelude/86-89 LX Accord ?
>What is the current price of this header if is valid?
>
>Thanks
>Techno
>
Betty McCalla
S&S Headers, Inc.
6042 N. 53rd Drive
Glendale, AZ 85301
Phone 623-847-9000 ext. 100
Fax 623-847-9009
[email protected]

Techno

NXRacer
08-01-2003, 08:55 AM
for that price you might as well spend a couple more bucks and get DC Sports

Jims 86LXI HB
08-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Techno
Check this out. SS Headers (https://ssl5.mysecureserver.com/bosstoolscom/store/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory= 43)

I e-mailed the company and this is what was said.

Hi Techno
Its still a good number and we have some in production with a completion
date in August. Current price is $306.20 plus shipping.
Thanks
Betty

>SS Headers,
>
>Is this part still a valid part # 5305 87-87 Prelude/86-89 LX Accord ?
>What is the current price of this header if is valid?
>
>Thanks
>Techno

Techno

You posted about this header just a few days ago, kinda strange that you'd start a new thread, no biggie.

The thing I want to know, why do you want a 4-1 design? You do know that's what the SS header is. Why would you want to pass up a 4-2-1 design that better for you?

As I said before,
"The DC Sports and pacesetters are both 4-2-1. S&S headers makes a 4-1. But given the rev range and tuning our cars operate in, 4-1 headers would not be a step forward, even the S2000 come's stock with a 4-2-1. Only reason you can justify going 4-1 is if you plan on mod's that would benefit from a 4-1 header, port & polish, wild cam, strengthened valve train for higher revs, you get the idea. Even then I bring you back to the S2000. BTW, the 86-87 LXI's have a 4-1 header from the factory, adding either aftermarket 4-2-1 will noticably up the power, all the way to redline."