PDA

View Full Version : trunk rattleing

blue87
04-30-2002, 08:21 PM
my trunk lid wont stop rattleing.. i have extreme dinomat on the lid and the regular stuff on the floor.. i also have a towel stuffed behind the licence plate and it still rattles.. what else can i do to make it stop???????????:confused:

damackz
04-30-2002, 08:31 PM
what exactly rattles?!? the trunk lid itself?

Phil
05-01-2002, 04:37 AM
how many screws to u have in urplates??? I have one and the other is broken off, and when i pump my fosgates it rattles like crazy!

Hope this helps.

Phil

philendrick
05-01-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by blue87
what else can i do to make it stop???????????:confused:

When I had my 86 honda, rattling was much worse than in my new car. You should be able to identify the source of the rattling by cranking that SOB up and listening. first try with your trunk open, then shut the trunk and fold down the back seat. Get in there if you have to, and listen, and look. You'll figure out where it's coming from. If the lid itself is rattling, make sure the rubbler adjusters / stops are in place and the latch is adjusted properly and not loose.

My rattling turned out to be the bars under the deck that raise the trunk. in the older models, I don't believe they had the plastic piece that seperates them in the center. It only rattled when it was shut, so I shut it, climbed in the back seat, and there it was... so I put padding in between those bars...

Hope that helps.

Philip

blue87
05-01-2002, 08:23 AM
i think its the plastic piece where the licence plate is on.. th e black piece. can i remove it and stuff like towels back there or something????

TeKKnoTeKK
05-01-2002, 09:09 AM
what I did on my old car was got a roll of some of that foam weather stripping, has the adhesive on one side. It worked well for me.

Matty_StyLz
05-01-2002, 11:31 AM
I've got the trunk rattle, and really there's not much you can do about it. What it is, is the tw peices of metal used to create the trunk rattling, combined with several other things.

As far as the lisence plate goes, I don't see why you're hacing so much trouble. I got some bubble-wrap, cut it to size, and screwed it in behind the plate. I then stuffed some more beheath the plastic to limit the vibration. It is almost impossible to stop rattling alltogether.

XBLCanterX
05-02-2002, 08:30 PM
If you open the trunk and look up underneath the rear deck, youll see two black rods that run the width of the trunk. These were the culprits that were rattling in my trunk...they were vibrating against the metal. I just stuffed some cloth in between the rods and the metal and it helped alot. Also it might be the brake light inside the car on top of the rear deck rattling against the back window...what i did to fix this was I jammed a small piece of carpet (about 1'' square) that I used to cover a box I built, up underneath the light housing itself between it and the deck. this seemed to help the rattling tremendously.

88lxicoupe
05-05-2002, 05:14 AM
see if u can drill 2 more holes for the bottom of the license plate. thats my problem u need at 4 screws

shepherd79
05-05-2002, 12:22 PM
i had the same problem till i took the lights on the trunk and putt dinomat extreme. I even putt dinomat on license plate, used 4 screws, putt dinomat on trunk lid and took plastic sides and putt sticky foam on the bottom of plastic panels, and on every thing that had contact with metal. i don't have the dinomat on the bottom of my trunk ( i run out of it, i am gonna putt it as soon i find some time). I still get ratle on the back desh, but i think by pulling it out and putting dynomat should help.

smufguy
05-05-2002, 04:24 PM
the other thing that rattles on mine is the carboard-carpet thing that runs from the left to the right rear speakers. that thing has a gap below it and to the body of the car and just wont stop vibrating. i am planning on getting the regular household carpet padding and put underneat it, besides that, nothing rattles or maybe its cause i dont have a sub. BUt i did notice the rattle of the trunk or to say the spoiler on my friend's 96 mustang. He has two infinity subs and that thing is loud, but no bass. Probably he did not fiddle with the crossover, so anyways. like ppl said. try either making something to hold the vibrating thing hold down, or having something underneath it to dampen it. do tell us if u succeed and get a how to on that. thanks man :)

CoAsTeR
05-08-2002, 01:00 PM
I FIXED MY RATTLING!!!

I just turned down the stereo :)

heheheheh j/k

CoAsTeR

smufguy
05-08-2002, 07:30 PM
ur crazy as always coaster :p

CoAsTeR
05-08-2002, 07:47 PM
I aim to please :p

87AccordsterLx
05-13-2002, 10:34 PM
I think XBLCanterX nailed it... it is usualy the rear brake lights including the one on the rear deck... as well as someone mentioned the upper trunk lid... bars, latck etc... good luck....

87AccordsterLx
05-13-2002, 10:35 PM
sorry.. *latch....

Hoshizakido
05-14-2002, 09:08 PM
its generally in the trunk lid when its open it doesnt come from any where but the trunk lid and if you push on it it stops but i can only hear this outside my car cuz inside the musics to loud and dont think its just the three ge cuz its not every car with a stereo system has a rattle unless they have went through selled up every hole and tightened every bolt and dynomated every knook and crany

accordboricua
05-15-2002, 08:04 PM
I had the same rattling problem...it was the two bars under the panel where the rear speakers are mounted..stuffed some pieces of cloth between them...tada! no rattling...just pure lows...

89AccordGSR
05-18-2002, 07:57 AM
There is this invention called DYNAMAT, it works wonders.

87AccordsterLx
05-18-2002, 08:43 PM
I second that!!!! :D

CoAsTeR
05-19-2002, 01:22 PM
dynomat is expensive too... is there a substitute that I Can pickup at a fabric store or something that is cheaper, so I dont have to pay for the damn name?!?! :) heheheheh

89AccordGSR
05-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Lets put it this way. Say that you decide to upgrade your setup. Say to 15s or a different company name. If you install fabric or what ever it wont hold for vary long. Dynamat on the other hand is expensive, but its worth it. Not to mention Dynamat is like a reflector for bass. So with the fabric, its going to absorb sound & if your like me you want the full sound quality out of your system.
But, its not my ride so do as you please.:rant:

87AccordsterLx
05-20-2002, 10:37 AM
hey GSR... whats your sound setup like???

also... a friend of mine just bought the MR-7's in gunmetal 205/45-16's.... I'll post some pics if you're interested.. its on a corrolla...

89AccordGSR
05-20-2002, 12:18 PM
My setup in my Accord is all stock. Right now my Accord is in the shop getting engine work done to it. So funds other than major fix ups have stopped. Once all that is done though, my audio phaze will start back up and I will keep everybody post with installation & Db meter pics. Heres is my future list for anybody who want to know. The only time that ill have rims smaller than 17s, is when im racing & those rims are to nice to race on.

Pioneer DEH-P9300 headunit
(two) 6.5 Audiobahn ABF26Q-120w full range speaker
(two) 6x9 Audiobahn ABF39Q-165w full range speaker
(two) Audiobahn AMD60 midbass subs
Audiobahn AKIT2 power wire
Audiobahn A6601Q amp-150 watts x 6 @ 2 ohms (running the full range speakers & component speakers)
Audiobahn A2300HCQ amp-1200 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm (running one sub on each channel)
(two) 12" AW1206Q compression subwoofers-1,100w subs
(two) Audiobahn AFRG15C speaker grilles
Audiobahn AEQ7 equalizer
(two) Audiobahn ACAP50 capacitor
(three) Audiobahn AVM150 monitor
Pioneer XDV-P9 dvd player/cd changer
Optima yellow top battery
double sheets of DYNAMAT through the whole car