PDA

View Full Version : holy crap an additive WORKED not kidding!

johnwc723
07-24-2003, 09:20 PM
for the entire time i have had my car i have had a problem with the 3rd gear syncro (it would crunch when i shifted into it unless i double clutched) the rest of the transmission was fine.

i did change my MTF to valvoline max life (probably not a good idea) but i was workin on my car and i put genuine honda MTF in and a full bottle of Lucas Transmission Fix (topped off with MTF)
and well i was like okay i bet this wont do shit, and the first time i drove no difference, i waited about 6 hours and i drove again (right before i wrote this) and shit it dosent crunch anymore!!! i cant get it to crunch!! is it true that some addative actually lived up to their claims (or am i dreaming? i dont have to take apart my transmission???)

i wonder if any of their other stuff works mericles? hmm
well anyways if anyone has transmission problems, TRY GETTING HONDA MTF and the lucas stuff before you spend ALOT OF money
(In all it only cost ~$20)!

factorVIII
07-25-2003, 07:17 PM
lucas is the shizzy... seems like all of their lubricant stabilizer products work really good! :)

johnwc723
07-26-2003, 01:05 PM
hell ya, next time i change the oil i think ill put some lucas stuff in the oil too~!

1988starter
07-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by johnwc723
hell ya, next time i change the oil i think ill put some lucas stuff in the oil too~!

Ha I am not the only one before I had the tranny rebuilt I had major second gear syncro problems so I tried changing the oil with just plain MTF just got worse. So I tried lucas worked wonderful I could not believe it.. I have also used their fuel injector cleaner and I alaways use their oil stabliser. I suggest using 3 quarts mobil 1 or valvoling max life 5w30 and 1 bottle stabliser.

IWLSF
07-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah, some brands keep true with what they claim. When I first got my 3g, it had a really tiny leak in the power steering lines somewhere and I could never get it traced, and I finally found some Power Steering fluid that could also be used to seal hairline cracks/holes. I bought it just for the hell of it, because I needed fluid anyway, AND it was only $.50 more, but sure enough it worked! I havent had a leak since and it's been 2+ years.

racerx
07-27-2003, 06:09 AM
whoa! I am definately getting me some o' that today! I need to change my tranny fluid anyway... 2nd gear crunches for me, and we'll see what happens after...hmmm....

1988starter
07-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Here is their site.
http://www.lucasoil.com/

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-28-2003, 08:55 AM
if you are doing the tranny fluid change, how do you get the oil in the little hole?

NXRacer
07-28-2003, 08:59 AM
you do it by using the exciting new and revolutionary invention called the funnel!! Works wonders for pouring fluids in hard to reach places! Get yours now for only $19.99!!

Lol i'm messing with you, but a funnel should do the trick nicely.

BITESIZE
07-28-2003, 08:59 AM
With a long funnel, about 1.5 feet long. :) Works great!

1988starter
07-28-2003, 11:40 AM
I use the lucas stuff it comes in a squeese bottle so after I put it in the tranny I just refill it with honda MTF and use the squeese bottle.