PDA

View Full Version : Update

hondacowboy003
07-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Well its been two months now since the timing belt snapped in my Accord, been spending that time recuperating from having gall bladder surgery and looking for another mood of transport while my car is being worked on (as well as taking it easy since the docs found I have a hernia).

Anyways Wednesday morning me and my wife, pushed the car into the garage and I began disassembling the motor, fully intending to rebuild the motor and do the PGM-FI swap. After two days of work, I have found that the driver's side enginemount was snapped off (snapped as in the top bolt boss has been completely removed ).

I started this project with the sole intentionof rebuilding the A20A1 motor and converting to the PGM-FI. Now that I found this out, I may just swap it out for an A20A3. Now some of you will say "Just get a B20A" well unfortunately I do not have that kind of cash, and with the availability being as it is, it would take longer for my baby to get back on the road.

I should have some pics soon of the car in it's current state (It aint pretty!) and I will keep you updated. Thanks

p.s. Carotman please contact me as I have several questions for you about the FI swap