PDA

View Full Version : Power Window

sxegirl
06-11-2002, 10:15 PM
My drivers side power window when i push the button for it to go up and its up almost all the way up i hear this really loud boom boom sound and then sometimes as i push the button for it to go down to put the window half way it keeps going down with out me pressing the button.do i need a new motor or something for it?

BoredRec
06-11-2002, 11:03 PM
The boom boom sounds like a regulator...I'd suggest finding one at a junkyard, they're kinda pricey. The continuous going down part is normal. Most 86 and newer Hondas have that feature. Just gotta learn the switch.

BoredRec

88WhiteLX-i
06-12-2002, 09:52 AM
I got a the whole power motor and the relay at the junkyard for like 40 bucks. I had to completely gut out my window, and replace it. It wasn't that hard just remember when you put it back together to put some rubber washers under the bolts on the door so it won't be metal to metal.

smufguy
06-12-2002, 06:12 PM
use some white lithium grease on all the joints. if u need one, i can get it to u if u want to. the dude in my junk yard is pretty cheap with prices. he is giving me a fuel tank with all the fuel lines for just $25. and the whole efi intake with injectors was just $60.