PDA

View Full Version : water in my tail light compartment

Aarie$$oul
07-25-2003, 12:31 PM
:crying: ok i'm fixing up my 86 honda accord. Part of that involves replacing all the lights. my driver side tail light compartment somehow gets water in it when it rains. I'm gonna go inspect it more when i start replaceing bulbsbut does anyone know how water can get into that compartment. Luckily there isn't a bulb there. could the covers be loose? leaking? how can I fix that without buying a whole new cover?

My passenger side cover is actually broken and i'm having enough trouble trying to find just one regular inexpensive cover that one.lol help me out here.

meangreenLXi
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Not sure if there is a drainage line in that area or not but, also in my car I have water under the spare and it maybe a drainage line that's clogged somewhere along the path, I haven't found the path yet though. :crying:

johnwc723
07-25-2003, 03:56 PM
you must have a hole somewhere in there! i have had to remove those before, its not all that hard you just need to loosen some bolts underneath part of the back "padding" just take her out and look at it, seeing if there is any problems with the gasget around it too, my damn new taillight cost like $70!