PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to but vtec on a20a3?

neoblue89lxi
07-25-2003, 12:48 PM
I have a stock 89 lxi and want to keep the exsisitng engine. Although it is old, it is not bad once you fix it up. I'm interested in putting a new cam on it. Is it possible to have a vtec on it and if so any idea on the price? I assume i'll have to get the head off of a b16a civic or integra. Which vtec would be better for my engine?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by neoblue89lxi
I have a stock 89 lxi and want to keep the exsisitng engine. Although it is old, it is not bad once you fix it up. I'm interested in putting a new cam on it. Is it possible to have a vtec on it and if so any idea on the price? I assume i'll have to get the head off of a b16a civic or integra. Which vtec would be better for my engine?

Do you really think a DOHC head will fit on a A20 without expensive heavy modifications? Looks if you want vtec you are going to have to pay for it like the rest of us!

BITESIZE
07-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Oh my god, another newbie.

Justin86
07-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Sean was able to get a B16a head to fit but some place were machined to thin for it to be safe. Next time do a search. I just answered this same question about a week ago.

NXRacer
07-25-2003, 03:38 PM
what abou that guy who was putting a lude DOHC head on his A20a. We've yet to see if he was full of shit or for real. I'm thinking he's full of it, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Chadroper
08-02-2003, 01:05 PM
What interferes with the B16 head where it has to be machined so thin?

k-roy
08-02-2003, 01:21 PM
VTEC is futile, it is an exaughst gas emission device.
Sure you get the power hat high revs but it has the lean mode
at lower rpms. An aggressive non vtec cam will do the same at high rpm and gain more power at low rpms. But anyway I do not know of a VTEC head that will fit on an A20. If you still want VTEC get a B16a or B18c engine/tranny with a place racing swap kit.