PDA

View Full Version : low idle problem...

superaccord
06-11-2002, 10:56 PM
my car has a low idle at like .5 rpm's how do i make that go up where it should be?

BoredRec
06-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Clean the throttle body, screw out the idle screw a bit (sits right on top of the throttle body).

BoredRec

Einstein
06-12-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by BoredRec
Clean the throttle body, screw out the idle screw a bit (sits right on top of the throttle body).

BoredRec

Do throttle bodies on EFI actually get dirty?

POS carb
06-12-2002, 09:42 AM
yes!! :werd:

BoredRec
06-12-2002, 05:15 PM
All fuel injected systems get carbon build up (except TBI). It sticks to the back of your throttle plate, causing disturbance in air, and doesn't let the plate seat right in the throttle body.

BoredRec

1988starter
06-17-2002, 06:13 PM
That could be the reason why my throttle stays open every so often I shgould go to a store and look for some cleaner. BTW I know this is off topic but I just got some carb cleaner and I cleaned my GF LX and damn it is much better for her now every so often it would stall before.

smufguy
06-21-2002, 08:07 PM
trust me, the end of the ports on ur intake manifold, would have atleast a millimeter of carbon deposit. i cleaned my efi manifold i bought from the junk and damn its clean in and out. gotta see the black soon just run down the ports.

and by the way, how do i clean off the deposits off the valves? i see those black crap still.

one more thing, if i get water into my valve cover would the cam and valve rods get rusted (my car is parked and will not be driven for a long time)?

carotman
06-22-2002, 06:16 AM
if you get some water it might rust a bit, but since they should have a nice oil coating I guess they will be ok.

If you don't get direct rain or water it's fine.

smufguy
06-22-2002, 08:27 AM
we were power washing my car yesterday and i forgot to cover the breather. i am a dumbass. and we took off the valve cover and saw water like floating there. we syphoned it out and i just poured some new engine oil over the can and valve spirngs. do u think it might be okay now? like it wont be rusted? if it does get rusted, do i need a new cam or something? or would it just go away once i start my car and have it running? :(