PDA

View Full Version : Carb Update

Radobound
07-26-2003, 06:36 AM
At my last posting, I had replaced the PCV valve (among other things!) and the car was running okay.....for two weeks!! Then all of a sudden, I was back to square one with the sputtering/stalling/hard start/instant dying after start/lack of power (should I go on!?). I was told that a valve (white in color-left side of motor-one is large, one is small) has a porcelin ball inside and if it is clogged or gummed up, it may cause this condition. Has anyone ever replaced that valve, what is it called and (outside of a dealership), where can I get one (if my local junkyard dosen't have one). Thanks.....

Rado

shepherd79
07-26-2003, 07:51 AM
valve? WTF. it is your vacuum lines.
if they are old, they most likely have a scrack somewhere.
it has to be vacuum line.

A20A1
07-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Hmm I've never fiddle much with the white valves... best way to cehck if they are in fact gummed up is to remove the vacuum lines connected to them... look along the inside of the lives as well as the ports on the valve... if you see deposits of something... then maybe it is glogged... but if it's clean inside.. I wouldn't replace the valve.

Radobound
07-27-2003, 06:15 AM
Thanks guys, I will try all suggestions (espically replacing the vacuum lines) and give you guys updates on how it goes...

Rado