PDA

View Full Version : carb intake

wprocomp
07-26-2003, 11:56 AM
well i started working on my civic intake and I am not happy with the way it turned out(it fit but not like I wanted it too)so next week I am going to go ahead an start what I originally intended to do..make it out of sheetmetal...I figure if I can get some good aluminium sheetmetal I can make a box with an intake adapter...I will pretty much build it around the air cleaner to carb gasket(since it will fit itself snug into the sheetmetal with the small groove anyways)if everything turns out the way I want it to I may just make a couple extra ones for the hell of it..I will try and keep everyone up on the progress...this will be done during my vaccum line removal so it will take some time:D

IWLSF
07-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Good luck, and what exactly went wrong for you not to like it? I've been strongly considering trying the modification, and I'm just curious so I'll know beforehand.

wprocomp
07-27-2003, 07:21 AM
well indside the intake is just too bumpy and it seems like it will be too hard to keep it sealed up...and it wants to move alot:(

HondaBoy
07-27-2003, 04:05 PM
hmm, not shur exactly what the bumpyness was. if your talking about that weird fuel injection box on old civics, that was what i was going to do. but to get it to fit, i was going to use a rubber connector thing. i may have to rething it if im going to have problems. but i think i know how to get it to fit. ill see tomorrow, cuz i was going to pick up that intake thing. then i need to get a CAI if it want it to be good all together.