PDA

View Full Version : Two Simple Questions

89LxiAg
07-26-2003, 09:34 PM
1) I've read the articles about how to make the clear turn signals for my 89 Accord LX-i, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the damn lights out of the front bumper. I don't see any screws holding them in the bumper from the front side, are there some underneath or what? Just the details, no pics needed.

2) How do you get the side markers near the headlights out of their mounting locations? Is there a screw holding them in that you have to undo when you raise the headlights?

Thanks for the info.

IWLSF
07-26-2003, 09:59 PM
1. Not sure on the front blinkers because I dont own that year.

2. On the 'sidemarkers,' you have to remove the black border that surrounds the headlight itself. Raise the headlights up, then remove the 2 screws above the headlight and 2 on either side I believe (havent done it in a while, too late to look). Then once that border is removed, you'll see a screw near the lower corner of the headlight that is removed to get to the 'sidemarker.' Remove that screw, and slide the sidemarker towards you.

chriskatana
07-26-2003, 10:10 PM
i have an 88 lxi, to remove to front signals you have to remove the small panels directly below the signals in the lower bumper cover, once you have them off get down and look up into to bumper cover, you will see a phillips head screw, loosen it, it won;t actaull come out because it is part of the turn signal. then just pull the signal out. took me anout 2 hours to figure this out on my own and almost busted my signal prying on them before i found those screws!

On the side markers, just raise the headlights, then look on the side of the headlight between the headlight and the side marker there are 2 screws there, remove them and slide the slide marker forward.

Hope this helps

IWLSF
07-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Hmm, I think that's right, 2 screws on the sidemarker...for me though, I couldnt remove them without the headlight cover removed, may be different...

Justin86
07-28-2003, 11:07 AM
All that I had to do is pop up the headlights and I could get to the screws.