PDA

View Full Version : cd player says " i dont work for u anymore"

Neuspeed007
07-27-2003, 02:19 AM
well im sitting here workin on the car in the garage with the music pounding, and then i decided to change the cd, when i ejected it it came out and when i was putting the new one in it refused to take it. so i pressed the reset button and nuthing happened!!!!!!!!!!!! Its an AIWA for one and i hear there not the best but mine has been going for atleast a year straight now, what could the problem be guys? it wont take a cd anymore and when i felt behind the cd playere i could feel some wire plug-ins that werent .... well......plugged in. ima go to circuit city tomrrow and have them take a look at it and see whats up but maybe i can get a faster awnser here.?

much thx- nick

shepherd79
07-27-2003, 03:52 AM
aiwa sucks. Sony owns this company right now. so Aiwa=Sony.
anyway, mey be it got hot.
if you gonna get new one get pioneer, Alpine, or clarion.

Osiris
07-27-2003, 07:42 AM
I think thats pretty common among the cheaper brands. I see it happen often. Usually its just one of the servos or gears gets jammed or anything like a crumb can stop it up. Maybe wrong but thats what it sounds like.

Neuspeed007
07-27-2003, 02:15 PM
YA THE GEARS ARE JAMMED!!!! LOOKS LIKE A NEW CD PLAYER :D !!!!!

zero.counter
07-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Do you still have a warranty on it? If so, then have it replaced. If not, then make sure that it is still getting power, try pressing the eject button again and see if anything else is in there. If not, then just do waht you said you were going to do.

Neuspeed007
07-27-2003, 02:34 PM
YA I PRESS THE EJECT BUTTON AND NUTHING HAPPENS, I WONDER IF I DO HAVE A WARRANTY? I HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR A YEAR... I WILL HAVE TO GO IN AND SEE. THX FOR THE REMINDER.

Vanilla Sky
07-27-2003, 11:54 PM
if not, i'll pay shipping for it... parts are great to have around... i've made several units out of junk parts... just enjoy it...

but yeah, make damned sure the warrantee is dead before you get a new one... and depending on the model, it may cost less to replace with a like model than to have that one repaired/replaced under warrantee... that's what happened to my old CD burner... stopped reading discs, and philips wanted at the least for me to pay shipping one way... i payed $50 for the unit to begin with, so i went and got me a CD burner/DVD combo drive... it was $70, and it's a much better unit...

biggest thing to check if you feel like cracking the case of it (if it's out of warrantee), is to check and see if it's got a dead servo motor or jammed like you said... repairs like this can be done for less than $5... hence why i ask that if you just wanna get rid of it fast, that i'll pay for shipping (and packaging) of the unit to me, but i won't buy the item

POS carb
07-28-2003, 08:26 AM
"I don't work for u" ?? :lol
Maybe it got pissed off and went on strike
Anyways most manufacturers won't give you warranty work after a year.

HostileJava
07-28-2003, 08:48 PM
If it's just not taking the cd, either you have a gear that maybe skipped a tooth or the sensor is broken that detects cd inserts.