PDA

View Full Version : LED Idea For Customizing Your Tails

HondaBoy
07-27-2003, 10:06 AM
i being a car guy was watching TNN. i was watching trucks yesterday and saw these cool LED insert things for old chevy trucks. i thought this could be modified to work on the 3gee tails. if your customizing your tails, this would problem be perfect if you want LEDs all the way across instead of just a small bulb. heres the link for it. maybe someone will use them. i may try this when i redo my clear tails.
http://www.earlyclassic.com/ledtaillights.html

shepherd79
07-27-2003, 11:00 AM
you watch too much TV.

jlaccord89lxi
07-27-2003, 12:26 PM
i saw that show yesterday. They would be better than bulbs.

HondaBoy
07-27-2003, 04:58 PM
i dont watch too much tv, i just watch the important shows. other than that, im working on the car or something like that.

johndej
07-27-2003, 05:08 PM
i saw that too. i'm lazy though so i prob won't do anything w/ it.

DBMaster
07-28-2003, 06:52 AM
When you can take the lens completely off the light, as on the old Chevy trucks, it is a lot easier to do something like that I guess.

2Fast_Fiero
07-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Pep Boys sells Red and Amber colored LED Bulbs for tail lights. I had them in my Accord. I'm about to get 4 Reds for my Fiero and 2 white. They have a little round board with about....Id say about 10 LED's on them, and they are built onto a little housing that goes on your tail light harness. I might be going to Pep Boys here pretty soon, I'll try to take pictures of what they look like.

DBMaster
07-28-2003, 10:16 AM
I have seen what you are talking about. For our cars you would need some of the ones with the LED surface parallel to the bulb base AND some of the ones that are perpendicular. This is because the inner tailight bulbs on our cars sit horizontally in their housings.

NXRacer
07-28-2003, 10:29 AM
I saw that show too and it might work on our cars. You'd have to pull apart the tail lights to put them in, but they could be used when making some red/white tails. It would work really well in the coupe tails because they are longer then the sedan tails. They would be hella bright too. They're kinda expensive too.

2Fast_Fiero
07-28-2003, 10:41 AM
DBMaster, I Agree. The light left a line to where the LED was pointed. All I did was cover it with this thin red plastic thing and it evened out the light a little more.

NXRacer, LED's are very expencive! I replaced alot of the lights in my Accord with LED's. Dash, Center Console, Tail Lights, Front Corner Lights, Blinker Lights and it cost alot!

Dibbs
07-28-2003, 11:26 AM
I think it would look badass for the Hatchbacks since they have the clear covers over the lights. I've got an extra tail lying around, so I might be willing to give it a try. Their prices seem reasonable enough.