PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan wiring

lewis74
07-27-2003, 11:15 AM
where is the cooling fan supposed to be wired to??

i got my accord about 6 months ago but never thought anything of it, but the fan was re-wired to the fuse box and battery by a previous owner....its always on and i would like to re-wire back to where it should be.

any help would be great.

Mac
07-27-2003, 12:28 PM
There is a temp switch at the bottom of the radiator that the fan should be wired to. More than likely the switch is bad and that is why the fan is hot wired.

A20A1
07-27-2003, 04:10 PM
thats odd... it doesn't need to be rewired to the battery... there are two plastic clips, one went to the sensor and the other went to the fan motor. To make the fan be always on you only need to disconnect the plastic clip from the sensor and plug in a jumper wire to bypass the sensor.

If you don't see a plastic clip near the base of the radiator then the previous owner screwed things up a bit.

if the sensor has the clip on it but the wires have been cut... look around for wires that have the same colors and reconnect those wire... and replace the radiator sensor.

RustyHo88
07-28-2003, 06:58 PM
there should be two wiring harnesses coming from around the battery is towards the bottom of the radiator. one of them goes to the thermosensor at the bottom of the radiator next to the lower radiator hose, the other connectes to another wire that splits off into two more harnesses. these two harnesses go to the radiator fans (unless you dont have A/C, then there might only be one fan and one harness). if the wires have been cut, then that wire that had the two extra harnesses may have been thrown away. in that case... just splice the wires coming from the harness that doesnt go to the thermosensor to the radiator fans. they will work as they should assuming your cooling fan relay ect. works. hope this helps.

wannaswapab20
08-01-2003, 07:54 PM
yea the guy prolly jsut bypassed the sensor like i did LOL my switch went bad so when ever the car is on the fan is runiing.