PDA

View Full Version : Changed Engine Some Minor Help Needed ?!

Mas
07-27-2003, 11:58 AM
To Make a Long story short.... Please read this it will all make sense in helping me out ..... Thanks in advance

This car was giving me lots of problems it was a 87 Honda Accord DX CARB but the engine was going crazy all the time giving me problems I thought it would be cheaper just to replace the engine entirely so I did now it has a

HOnda Accord 89 A20A1 CARB ( not sure what model that is )

The problem now is

1. The engine stutters when I turn it on in the cold when the car warms up after 5 minutes its perfectly fine just when I turn it on in the cold or if its not been driven over night and I go in the morning to turn it on it stutters unless I hold the gas so it revs up and heats up if i Put it in drive in the cold it will stutter really bad and just turn off and I have to restart the car.

I've been told to check the lower hose and what not but dont know which hose that is and i've been told to replace sensor ? also check header shields

My second problem is

2. Before I changed my engine I had a stereo system which killed the alternator and battery so I brought a used alternator from teh scrap yard and a new battery from a local shop in canada changed both they work fine cause I got them tested and they are giving the right readings and voltages however the light on the dashboard is still on even though i've fixed the problem ?! ?!

People have told me to reset the light but I dont know how ? Where do i find this light reset switch ? Cause i've tryed disconnecting and reconnecting battery doesn't help

LAST QUESTION

Does anyone know if there a computer in my car don't know what they call it but on newer cars Fuel Injected cars everything works electronically threw a computer under the seat usually or some where does a 87 honda accord dx carb have the same thing ? ?

Thanks in advanced please be detailed in answers more specific in names so i can figure it out thanks :(

A20A1
07-27-2003, 04:01 PM
1) Did you connect the ground wire from the upper radiator support brace to the top of the valve cover?

2) How is your radiator fluid level? Have you bleed the cooling system while the car was running?

3) Check for general vacuum leaks.

4) Might as well check and if need be replace the general stuff while you're at it even thought they aren't exactly the cause of your problems... like spark plugs and distributor cap and rotor.

Mas
07-27-2003, 07:59 PM
thanks for advice any more suggestions still got the problem :wtf: