PDA

View Full Version : Problem???

88Ex-i
07-27-2003, 05:26 PM
I hope someone here can help me......

Within the last 2 days, my car is acting really weird. When I'm starting the car up, it seems to be chugging rather than sounding smooth. Usually as soon as I go to drive, it stops doing that. Today, as I started it, it was chugging again, and the rpms will go up and down on their own. Then greyish/blue smoke started coming from my exhaust. I shut it off cause it was everywhere.

And yesterday while driving, I was in D3, it hits about 3000rpm and its seems to get all sluggish, so I jumped to D4, and then it stops.

I hope someone can help..........

Justin86
07-27-2003, 05:45 PM
You might want to take it to a mechanic. Other wise do some of the basics. Check compression and other things that are easy to do. It might help to find the sorce of your problem. The green/blue smoke, I'm at a total lost.

A20A1
07-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Might want to run a compression test...

for now check you oil... and the color of your oil and the color of your radiator fluid.

Check for signs that the 2 fluids might be mixing or leaking...

Check the Auto Trans Fluid and the lines that run from the base of the radiator to the trans.

88Ex-i
07-27-2003, 06:54 PM
ok, the rad fluid and oil are fine, but I just took it for a drive, but had to come back home cause it was smoking SO much. Smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. So I wonder if there is an oil leak???

infecto
07-27-2003, 08:03 PM
worn piston rings/valve guides would be my guess no?

88Ex-i
07-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by infecto
worn piston rings/valve guides would be my guess no?

I've had a few others tell me its that, so we'll find out tomorrow.....

thanks everyone.