PDA

View Full Version : brake lamp light/

Aarie$$oul
07-29-2003, 11:15 AM
I just changed all my bulbs in my car and replaced the broken tail light lens, but the "brake lamp" light warning in my car's message board is constantly lit once i hit the brakes. Why is this?

Also i have to adjust my head lights because the inspection center (dmv) said they were mounted properly. Is this something i can do myself and pass or should i let a shop do it?

MrBen
07-29-2003, 11:57 AM
As for your headlights, You can adjust them yourself. It's really easy. Pop your hood, unscrew the two screws holding the cover on, then put your headlight up and the two one the sides of the light and two on the front. Take it all off, and you can adjust the lights and check to make sure they are tight and whatever. As for correct adjustments, I know they are supposed to be angled slightly in.

If someone has that page of their haynes or chilton, they should post it!

RustyHo88
07-29-2003, 02:27 PM
my accord had the same problem as yours does right now with the brake lamp out light. first... and i dont mean to insult your intelligence, but did you check the bulb for the light mounted in the rear window? LOTS of people forget to check that one, including me. if you have checked it, then it is probably your brake lamp sensors. they are two little boxes located with all the bulb housings in your rear tail lights. it should be a red, or black box with a wiring harness in it. theres one for each light, so you can replace those if you want, OR, you can do what most people do and just ground the solid green wire (possibly green with black stripe) that is located inside the wiring harness on the drivers side. if i remember correctly, it was the wire located on the top of the harness, closest to the passanger side. if you think you might want to replace the sensor one day, then just carfully pull the wire out with its little connector from the harness, and use some tin foil to connect it to one of the mounting bolts for the tail lights. with this wire grounded, your brake lamp out light should never come on, even if a bulb is burned out. i would recomend trying to ground all the wires one at a time... but dont lose their respective places within the harness. if none of them work, then the brake lamp out sending unit or relay... whatever... might be broken. thats located under the dash somewhere, but i dont know how to fix that problem. hope this helps.

MrBen
07-29-2003, 02:33 PM
omg I forgot about that one in the window

*runs out to check*

RustyHo88
07-29-2003, 02:41 PM
hahahaha.... dont worry ghetto accord.... it happens to the best of us :)

Aarie$$oul
07-29-2003, 02:45 PM
well actually i'm not sure if the light in the window comes on all the time...i think my friend said it came on when i ask her to help me check all the lights. I'm replacing all my bulbs whether they come on or not because the car has been driven constantly in like a year. I think my light is ok though. Right now i'm just worried about passing inspection so as long as all the lights come one...i won't work about the brake lamp warning.lol I'm scared i might get up in all the wires and fu*k things up permanently.I'm new to all this. Thanx for your help.