PDA

View Full Version : I did something stupid, and I need some help fixing it

A Dawg Jr
07-29-2003, 11:59 AM
K, everyone knows about those bars in the trunk that help lift it open you know? The black ones that go accross the top of the trunk. Well when I took my spoiler off, the lid would just fly open everytime I popped it open. So I desided to take one of the bars out to take off some tenstion. STUPID. Now the thing won't sit right on my car, and you have to line the lid up to close it. It's been this way for a while, and now I'm ready to put it back in. So how do you do it. I obviously can't just twist it back up there. Do I remove the lid and the support bars that go up to it or what????

Is it possible to put it back in?

Blue Impact
07-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Reverse the procedures you took in order to remove the thingy majiggy. I wouldn't have messed with it in the first place, but maybe it's just me who'd like the trunklid to pop open everytime I pop it. Good luck.

MrBen
07-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Heh, mine squeaked when I opened it so I just wrapped those mofo's in duct tape and squeak is gone! :D

Totally not worth the post, I know, but I had to say it.

theBeline
07-30-2003, 06:05 AM
my friend has a 91 civic sedan, i know that they are diff cars, but he did the same thing, again, i know they are diff, unfortunatly i don't know as i have the same ones, seeing how my hatch is heavy as all ungodly hell, so i know that we are diff, but if i were in your situation and i really wanted it done, i would go to the junk yard, pick up on of the damn things and mess with the dude selling it to you untill he sold it for whats it's worth, like a quarter, and i would tear the springs out of it and put it back in like normal (to do this you would have to do the EXACT opposite of takeing it out, just as when you turn a screw one way to put it in, you turn it the OTHER way to get it out....) seeing that it's the springs or what ever that provide tension. Come on, go mad scientist style, people don't get props for just tearin crap out, they get them for being creative and rescorcefull. And passing a speling bee, which i never did, but thats a diff story...

A Dawg Jr
07-30-2003, 08:07 AM
I pounded it out with a hammer.... That's kinda hard to reverse. The bars need to be twisted anywayz. I'm thinking that if I take the trunk lid off of those two bars on either side. Then remove those two bars that hold the tortion bars that go accross the back of the trunk, I could put them both in on the ground and put it all back together, but that'll still be tough.... I don't know. Maybe I could take them both out and rig something else up to help it open and close. Maybe those little hydrolic rods you see on heavier trunks....

88 Accord DX
07-30-2003, 08:12 AM
mustangs (grrrrr) have little rods on their trunks. go try and find one at the junkyard.

A Dawg Jr
07-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Good plan