PDA

View Full Version : Finding parts for the body.

Chadroper
07-29-2003, 02:42 PM
How hard would it be to find a drivers side door (the steel panel) for a 1989 Honda Accord DX coupe and the piece of trim that goes with it. The car was hit by a semi in 1996 and it took the body shop 2 weeks to find a door and they couldnt find the right trim( I think they got a piece from a prelude or civic ). A geo Metro bumped my door and put a 3" dent in it. Will it be difficult to find one?

Chadroper
07-29-2003, 02:44 PM
PS. I am going through hell trying to find aftermarket parts, an A20A3 head and intake manifold to rebuild the engine, switch it over to PGM-FI and turbocharge it.

Morpheus
07-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Chadroper
PS. I am going through hell trying to find aftermarket parts, an A20A3 head and intake manifold to rebuild the engine, switch it over to PGM-FI and turbocharge it.

Good luck.
Just save your money, change it over to EFI and swap it with a JDM B20a.

Turbo is a huge custom project.

markmdz89hatch
07-31-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Chadroper
How hard would it be to find a drivers side door (the steel panel) for a 1989 Honda Accord DX coupe and the piece of trim that goes with it. The car was hit by a semi in 1996 and it took the body shop 2 weeks to find a door and they couldnt find the right trim( I think they got a piece from a prelude or civic ). A geo Metro bumped my door and put a 3" dent in it. Will it be difficult to find one?

Chad, it sounds like you've got a door from a hatchback, or at least the molding from one. The doors are interchangeable between hatch, and coupe. That should open up some more possibilities for you. You don't have to get it from a DX either, LX-i is also fine. Good luck finding the parts. If you want just the door molding so it'll match all the other moldings, find someone on the board here that's parting out a coupe and snag it off them.

PS...welcome to the board.

Chadroper
08-02-2003, 12:43 PM
I also need to replace the front bumper because it has a 2" wide dent on the bottom (I hit a large dog) and the back bumper is distorted by the exhaust tip ( an O'Rilles delivery truck rear ended me). Would it be easier just to buy an aftermarket body kit. Me or the 3 body shops can't find the orginal bumpers in any junk yards that are not damaged. Also I found a 1989 Accord Lx-i coupe. Would it be a good idea to buy the car for parts? I have trouble getting things like certain bolts, wiring harnesses, bushings, etc. Also the bumpers are destroyed but would it be a good idea just to have the car for body panels? I have a 1989 Accord DX coupe so they will interchange.