PDA

View Full Version : Shaving the head

kicker1_solo
07-29-2003, 05:56 PM
I found a place to shave it for me, but we need to know how much we can shave off before we start losing hp. Thanx :)

shepherd79
07-29-2003, 06:03 PM
you won't lose the power, you will gaing the power, but your timming will be off the wack.

kicker1_solo
07-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Well I heard that if you shave too much off then it won't do you much good. So I need to know how much to shave off......

1988starter
07-29-2003, 06:23 PM
kI would have the block done it even has marks that tell you how far to go. But if you plan on dooing this get an ajustiable cam gear from the group buy to help tune.

zero.counter
07-29-2003, 06:29 PM
The barber shop i go to shaves heads for $6.50. I ususally feel faster with that much of a haircut. J/K

The power gain would be minimal or insignificant at best. He is correct in stating that your timing would take a plunge for the worse.

kicker1_solo
07-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 1988starter
kI would have the block done it even has marks that tell you how far to go. But if you plan on dooing this get an ajustiable cam gear from the group buy to help tune. that's what I meant lol
not the head, but the block.....
so it has marks on it that tells you how much you can shave off?

1988starter
07-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
that's what I meant lol
not the head, but the block.....
so it has marks on it that tells you how much you can shave off?

I believe that is what carotman told me or something like that do a search I asked a bit ago

crwa
07-29-2003, 10:38 PM
I've heard bad things regarding this... It does allow for higher compression, but the timing is totally messed up and the engine runs at a higher temperature, so that will have to be adjusted to to keep it from overheating... yes, it will increase power, but with the money you'll have to spend to get everything else to run with the shaved head, its not worth it, just build up the motor with better internals, don't shave the head...