PDA

View Full Version : Help

SeanJohn03
07-29-2003, 07:53 PM
TOday I was sitting in a lane minding my buisness when here comes a 91 integra nice looking rice burner but he pulled up and ask to race and with my new heads i thought that i would give it a try but then i raced i got my ass kicked later on i saw the same guy in walmart and he told me that he was only running on three cyl. what ca i do to help hosepower?

1988starter
07-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Simple he was not telling the truth.

Neuspeed87lx
07-29-2003, 08:25 PM
well ... in your sig.... it says h22 swap ..... that should make the car a tad faster !

Blue Impact
07-29-2003, 11:09 PM
This totally is off the subject here, but there's a place called "Miami" in Oklahoma?

Making your car faster? Do you believe in NOS?

modu03
07-29-2003, 11:39 PM
uhh... yeah... he was lying to you... trust me... my car was running on three cylinders for a couple weeks, the thing barely ran...

I would say he's actually got some nice equipment under the hood he's not tellin you about...

have you timed a quarter mile??? what do you run?

SeanJohn03
07-30-2003, 11:56 AM
ok first of all there is a Miami Oklahoma it is in the very northwest part and the h22 is out of the question i still have not had the chance to place it in yet but i think htat i am going with a b16 or something in that matter but i found out he had about 3,000 dollars under the engine and was an automatice so he had the starting advantage and only going about a few hundred feet there was not alot of room for me to shift but i think i am going to buy an eclips i found for go and use the 3 g for show what do you think???

SeanJohn03
07-30-2003, 11:57 AM
northeast part iam sorry

NXRacer
07-30-2003, 12:08 PM
i'd reverse your idea. Eclipse for show and accord for go. IMO eclipses are piles of stinking dog shit and should be burned. They fall apart after 100K miiles (a lot of people will probably flame me for this) and are pretty much useless. If you want to get a fast car, get something thats more reliable. Spend the money that you'd put into the dumb eclipse into the motor swap and make that bad boy haul ass.

KaMiKaZeE
07-30-2003, 01:07 PM
If you swap in a 1g eclipse engine into the 2g then it will be more reliable as well as a better platform for speed if thats what you want to do, however they still have notoriously bad trannys. The really high-power eclipses go through trannys like gas. One dude had a 9-second eclipse and he was ripping out the tranny after every 3-4 drag runs. Not fun.