PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Wtf Is Going On With My Brakes!!

AccordSi
07-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Guys I really need the gurus advice on this. I don't know if my master cylinder is bad or what is going on. This is what happens...

(1) I mash the brake pedal and the pedal is harder than normal requiring more effort to stop. It gradually slows down the car rather than stops it.
(2) The brake fluid level is normal, however I have noticed a bit of fluid has virtually disappeared with no evidence of a leak.
(3) If I pump the pedal a bit I end up with absolutely no brakes, and have to shut off the engine and restart to get some sort of pressure build up.
(4) If I hold down the pedal and start the car it just remains hard and immobile.
(5) When I mash the pedal, I hear this funny noise like air is escaping?

Can someone help me please?

88LXi/87CRXSi
07-30-2003, 07:16 PM
If the pedal don't move when you start the car, the booster or check valve is faulty. To check the valve, disconnect the vacuum hose at the booster, start the car, there should be vacuum available, if not, replace the check valve. If vacuum is there, then your booster diaphram is leaking.

maxoutracer
07-31-2003, 12:14 AM
when the last time you bleed the brakes? there might be air in your brake system.

bigpoppa88
08-01-2003, 01:04 PM
That is the master cylinder. Just fixed the identical problem. the piston in the master cylinder is NOT returning, that is why it seems like the pedal is hard. Check to see if your brake calipers are hot from dragging and not being able to release.....

AccordSi
08-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all the help guys...I'll check over everything in the morning and post up the results.

AccordSi
08-02-2003, 09:46 AM
I checked the line...I got vacuum. I think it's definitely the booster. Hey guys, can the prelude booster and master cylinder work?