PDA

View Full Version : Accord vs. Mack Truck

86hatchbackLXi
07-31-2003, 11:16 AM
With my car it seems like as soon as something good happens, something bad has to follow. As some of you know I recently finished a 5spd swap and the car has been running great. And then on the 28th some crazy guy in a Mack dumptruck has to rear end me. Its not horrible but i was :mad: . My bumper needs to be replaced and some dents taken out.At least ill be getting a nice check now from his insurance company. And if anyone has a white bumper or the metal piece under the taillights (i think its called the bumper filler) let me know. Im going to attempt to fix the damage myself so i can spend the money on some mods.

86AccordLxi
07-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Dude that sucks. Sorry to hear that. How fast was he going when he hit you?

Alex

NXRacer
07-31-2003, 11:20 AM
damn with a dump truck you're lucky he didnt cream your ass monster truck style.

Good luck finding good bumpers in the junk yard. Most 3g's i see in the junk yards al have front end damage. Call around and see if any junk yards are able to get OEM replacement parts. One of them near my house can get them. I got a new bumper for 30 bucks.

markmdz89hatch
07-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Nick, I gotta admit, you got just about as good of luck as I do with things like this.

Sorry to hear that, and as always, if you need any help, just hit me up on my cell, and I'll be happy to stop over.

Let's see some pics.

krott5333
07-31-2003, 04:06 PM
well, its good if most accords have front end damage, because he said he got rear-ended, so he needs the rear bumping i would assume

Blue Impact
07-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Hey, go get an estimate of how much everything is gonna cost at a Honda dealer. Your check is gonna be fatter that way than just taking your car to a nearby shop. You get my drift? And yeah, it sucks to get rear-ended.