PDA

View Full Version : Do I dare admit it...

markmdz89hatch
07-31-2003, 01:15 PM
I know, today is truly a sad day. I just happened to see a 3G in damn near mint condition today on the highway. It was a light blue sedan with 16's or 17's and it was SLAMMED. It also had the moldings painted to match the body. A very light, but noticeable tint.

I really liked it. I can't believe that now, I'm considering replacing my coupe with a sedan.

..............what a rough day.....

wprocomp
07-31-2003, 01:23 PM
man I hate to see 3g's messed up,and I see lots of them too...btw hey did you ever put your sidedrafts on?

markmdz89hatch
07-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
hey did you ever put your sidedrafts on?

::hangs his head down in disgrace::::

No not yet. They're safely boxed away in the spare room patiently waiting for me to come up with enough money to begin that painfully expensive project. Perhaps I should think about removing the pic from my sig until I actually follow through with the project.:(

NXRacer
07-31-2003, 01:29 PM
I aughta pimp slap your ass for saying that!! You have a tight ass hatch! Too bad its carb, but still. I could see you maybe getting a coupe, but trading your hatch for a sedan?? BAAHHHH :lol:

wprocomp
07-31-2003, 01:30 PM
NO WAY!! Its cool just to look at them:D I am just asking because the car I drove with them ran funny...I just thought to ask how yours ran..because they sure dont seem street freindly:(

markmdz89hatch
07-31-2003, 01:37 PM
NX --> Nah man, I'm not getting rid of the hatch anytime in the fore-seeable future. I do already have a coupe though, and that if anything would be the one to be traded out for a sedan.

wpro --> Those carbs are a bitch to tune, and a poorly tuned sidedraft (or any carb for that matter) will make the car seem to run like shit. If the carbs are tuned correctly though, and you felt a funky idle, that could be reground cams to blame for that. If you just get reground cam(s), the idle often becomes erratic. However, if you go with a custom cam (not just a re-grind) you can get all the benefits that a re-grind gives you, plus the lobes can be ground properly to still give it a good idle. The carbs themselves are very well balanced.

86AccordLxi
07-31-2003, 01:41 PM
I saw the ugliest ass 3g last night. It was white with blue graphics and a BIG ASS hoodscoop and aluminum wing. All kinds of sticker and some big ass chrome wheels. Too bad I was passing him, I wanted to stop and talk to him, despite his taste. props to him for the work though.

And mark: you knnnoow you want a blue sedan. They're the sexiest cars on the planet, not that i'm biased :D

Alex

NXRacer
07-31-2003, 01:44 PM
HAH HAH alex i see that damn car all the time!!! I always want to look at it but he's always zooming around so i dont get a good look at it. He's probably going fast so he doesnt see everybody laughing at him. He's always in west salem.

I'm wondering what body kit he has on the front.

I'm gonna get a camera phone soon so i'm gonna take a picture of that bitch just as soon as i get a chance!

*edit* why did you post this in here anyway alex?? :lol:

Sabz5150
07-31-2003, 01:51 PM
[i]And mark: you knnnoow you want a blue sedan. They're the sexiest cars on the planet, not that i'm biased :D

Alex [/B]

Gotta agree with Alex on that one :)

1989 DX R
08-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Yeah I have the second both you chaps.