PDA

View Full Version : Primary fuel nozzle

Techno
07-31-2003, 07:38 PM
I think there is something wrong with my Carb. At Idle, the fuel does not spray in the primary. The fuel kinda drops or dribbles in. I am thinking that it should be a spray or mist.
Does anyone know if this is right or wrong?

Techno

A20A1
07-31-2003, 08:39 PM
How much trottle did you give the carb? and does your primary barrel still have that tiny needle inside the fuel nozzle?

I always wondered if removing it would help some.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Well Mike you could always get the .060 jet :D

A20A1
07-31-2003, 09:10 PM
he has a weber?

I know i do need a larger pump squirt... I'm just too poor to afford one. :D

Mike's89AccordLX
08-01-2003, 06:57 AM
I thought Techno had gotten one. Yeah right too poor, it's $12 :)

Techno
08-01-2003, 09:07 AM
"How much throttle did you give the carb? and does your primary barrel still have that tiny needle inside the fuel nozzle?"

-- I have the idle set at 1050 RPM for now. If I set it any lower it idles too rough. Yes the little needle is still inside the primary venturi. I think it might have something to do with the way the fuel is dribbling into the primary.

" I thought Techno had gotten one. Yeah right too poor, it's $12"

-- No I do not have a weber yet. I am going to get one...just have some body work that is more important right now. I have to replace my doors and strip, prime, paint my car. Kinda high price to do. :eek:

So what do I do? How do I fix this? I do have a spare carb and intake manifold that I picked up at the Junkyard for $20. :D

Any help guys?

Techno

A20A1
08-01-2003, 11:50 AM
dude at idle the fuel will dribble... thats the way it is... as long as it sprays when you give it throttle you should be okay.

Thats why I asked you how much throttle you gave it...