PDA

View Full Version : basic amp and sub question

danronian
07-31-2003, 09:14 PM
I recently sold my friend a us acoustics amp(600watt 4 channel) I had lying around my house. It is an older amp and it doesnt have a crossover in it so the subs play all frequencies instead of just the low frequencies. The amp is also hooked up to the stock headunit through a Line Out Converter which I originally bought for myself. How can we get the subs to play only low frequencies?

87DXHatch
07-31-2003, 09:24 PM
You have a few options:

1) you could buy some FMOD's that go before your RCA's that will act as 6db crossovers... but I hear they might degrade sound quality? I don't know, try searching for them on www.partsexpress.com

2) Buy an external sub crossover. Go to ebay.com and get into the car audio and electronics section, then search for sub crossover. That will do the job perfectly.

danronian
08-02-2003, 07:53 PM
I think I'll go with the FMOD since they seem cheap and simple to me. I don't think a slight decrease in sound quality will be noticed since this is going before two jensen subs which are literally rattling the box they're in apart which is connected to a very cheap loc to a factory hu which is crackling.
Thanks for the answer.