PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Problem

WingedFire
08-01-2003, 09:44 AM
I recently acquired an 88' Accord LXi Hatchback and one of the few qualms I've found is the hatch doesn't stay up. The previous owner just had a bar that held up the hatch. Apparently the hatch no longer stays up due to a lack of hydraulic fluid or something of similar nature. I was wondering if there is a way that I can fix this on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

NXRacer
08-01-2003, 09:58 AM
JC Whitney has them on their site and list replacement gas charged lift supports for 24.99 each. Catalog part no. 37UD7544X.

They also list 'lift support brackets' that clip on the the existing supports and hold them up. Kinda like a fancy stick.....9 bucks a pair.

I love that catalog!! :D

johndej
08-01-2003, 09:59 AM
yeah, you need new little strut things or whatever for either side prob. i am using a stick for mine also cause i couldn't find any working ones at the junk yard.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-01-2003, 11:25 AM
These struts can be found at most automotive shops. I am pretty sure that Pep Boys carries a wide selection of these. Other stores should too. They usually have a part catalog so you can find which part is the proper one for your application. These aren't OEM parts, but because the lengths are usually somewhat standart and the mounting points tend to be universal, finding the part shouldn't be a big problem.

Hope you find this helpful.